• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

16th richest man a TRFC fan!?

S

Seanyb

Has everyone read the front page of the Birkenhad news? If not then it explains that Norwegians richest man, John Frediksen, is believed to be a Tranmere fan!!!

However, in the article it mentions nothing about any possible takeover bid :cry: Would mind it like because he is estimated to be worth 1,887 million!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
You don't get to be rich if you're the sort who throws away money. Football isn't a business, it just can't be, the chairman has to be prepared to lose money. Rumours that such and such plans to bring their money to us keep going and going, and you know what - I don't believe any of them.

(This way if it's ever true I'll be pleasantly surprised!)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The thing is if he wanted to take over... it would could only be the 1st few years that he'd loose money. With the money he could back us with it wouldn't take long to assemble a team good enough to make the step up to the Premiership.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Football isn't a business, it just can't be, the chairman has to be prepared to lose money.

football is a huge business now.

A

AndyRoo16

bolton hater is right!!! football is huge buissiness.....jus think of the money that burger shop reaps in at half time......and everyone wants tranmere socks to keep their toes warm....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I'm not ashamed to say I was once the proud owner of a pair of very thin TRFC gloves with the letters TRFC woven into the finger. It was more style over sense though as my fingers were bloody freezing! :lol:

Of course its a business, but NBDH is right. A successful businessman wouldn't touch TRFC with a bargepole. I'm guessing because it's too much of a financial risk.

It's only those that have more money than sense that become chairman :D

J

Johnny King is God

Buying a football club is not for somebody who wants to make money.

Something like six or seven clubs [maybe less] in the whole country operate in profit! Anyone who wanted to buy Tranmere, sadly, has to pay something like 15 times the market value per share due to the debt we owe Peter Johnson.

Football is big business for advertisers, and revenue goes to the top clubs - however all the top clubs are stretched so much to keep up with the top few they spend all there incoming funds improving there squads.

What we need is for the Norwegian guy to do it as a labour of love...but I hate to tell you....you dont become a billionaire by being sentimental about loss making excercises.

Player
Morrisey
agree totally! buying a footy club is for the love of the club, not for profit! But if this guy is a devoted fan then I would think tat he would have bought it already!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
i think so too, but roman abramovic or the glazers dont kno anything about engliosh football. shame really.