• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

You guessed it... another 0-0!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
A game of 2 halfs with bradford having the better of the 1st and us having better of the 2nd half. I'll put on my views 2morro as i'm in a rush at the moment.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
First half - Bradford played very well we were poor. Second Half - Improved but not good enough.

Overall match, a boring 0-0 draw, I got charged £18 which I was not happy about. There was a depressing atmosphere. Not many TRFC fans sang, we sand alot but not everyone made full usual noise. BCFC hardly sang.

Worst away game I've been to this season.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

bolton_hater said:
I got chraged £18.Worst away game I've been to this season.

I got in for a tenner lol :lol: It wasn't that bad the game it wasn't the worst I felt we could of won if we could of scored. Soutthend was the worst by a mile and Hartlepool was worst mate!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I meant the actual day mate. :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've had it with Little! That's it for me. Final straw. I cannot back this guy anymore.

Having made the surprisingly short and pleasant journey to Valley Parade I was quite confident that the lads could get a result here and banish the bad luck we've had here over the last couple of games.

Luck wasn't to play a part today. Simply poor judgement IMO.
Bradford were poor really. As the home side, they never really looked threatening.

OK, they had more chances than us in the first half, but only half chances. Dino was a spectator for most parts. Their only tactic was to punt it down the right for the running Cadamertari to latch onto. And whilst he caused a few problems on the right, nothing much came of them.

The first half for Tranmere was a non-event really. Same old story. Break past the half way line and then break down with absolutely no ideas. Shame, as it was one of those games that was crying out for a goal and had we been more composed in the final third, we would have got it.

We started the second half much brighter.
Appeared a lot more positive, but again, final third let us down.

I'd say past the 60 minute mark, everyone could see this game had 0-0 written all over it. Shouts from the visitors of, "Little, make a sub!" suggested we could all see the problem, yet the man making the decisions couldn't.

Not surprisingly, the game finished 0-0 not before shouts of "boring boring Tranmere" were heard from the top level of the away end.

And this is what has really got my back up.
Where was the substitution? It was obvious to everyone that the game needed a change. Bringing the enterprising Aiston on for the last 20-30 minutes would have certainly troubled the Bradford back-line. But no!

Instead he choose to remain with the players who couldn't string two passes together past the half way line! Why? That game was there to be won!

It's now time to face facts. Little is just far too negative. With Little in charge, his tactical decisions and all round defensive nature, will see us going nowhere. You have to take risks!

This really sums him up. Post match comments read:

"We could have come here and gone all out attack and either won or lost, but at the moment we're trying very hard to make sure we don't lose games. We can't let other things make us lose our focus."

I have no argument with him starting the game cautiously with five at the back, but it was god damn obvious that he could have won the game as the game wore on. That's all part of him being manager. If he sets out his stall before the games even begun, then what's the point? He has to be able to analyse how the game is going and make changes during the game to try and win the damn thing.

It also explains why we've picked up four goalless draws in a row! The guy is scared of making a change incase we lose the game. Take a risk Brian!

It's great that we are now unbeaten in eight (i think) and we have certainly tightened things up at the back, but his attitude towards games is really starting to grate on me.

I just don't get it. How are we ever going to get out of this division with a manager who isn't prepared to take a risk and is just too damn negative. I can guarantee that if it continues, there's only one place we'll be heading. Its just a matter of time.

Sorry for the big rant, but I'm wound up after seeing what was a potential 3 points wasted.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
No need to apaologise mate I feel exactly the same way.

Little's comments there we try not to lose basically means we just go out for the point, how many times can we keep saying, you can't afford to play for points in this league! You go for all three end of,and if you end up drawing for enough its a consolation prize. But if we play for thepount and get the point is isnt exaclty pleasing the fans who pay £20 odd to watch boring football like that.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
He just doesn't know how to win, or even how to start going about heading towards the direction of winning.

He's quite capable of getting draws from easy and hard games alike, but to actually win one on purpose, I think perhaps it's against his religion.

A

AndyRoo16

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
bolton_hater said:
I got chraged £18.Worst away game I've been to this season.

I got in for a tenner lol :lol: It wasn't that bad the game it wasn't the worst I felt we could of won if we could of scored. Soutthend was the worst by a mile and Hartlepool was worst mate!!

lol....u gt in 4 a tenner ...an i ad 2 pay £18 to.....omg...whats goin on with the world....

well well...a poor first half showing from the boys, after this the second got better as we improved slightly.
The atmosphere was rather poor..."your supposted to be at home" was very significant as Bradford fans made no noise at all!!
nothing much to say about this game as it was very poor.
There were no changes second half despite the frequent.."little,make a sub chant"...it was obvious Aiston would have made the difference, why he never starts, i will never know.....
The game displayed why we cannot continue with a manager who does not know how to pressure opponents and score goals.........
another 0-0 draw.....
£18 down the drain.....and a wasted saturday.... :evil:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Haha you paid £18 lol :lol: and I got in for a tenner quality, what is the world coming to? You look like your 13 or 14 sorry mate but its the truth and im 6'1foot tall and I got in for a tenner brillant!!!

But the game was another chance for 3 points and we fucked up once again because we couldn't put the ball in the net!! Ok Bradford we the better team 1st half thats because we were piss poor but in the second half we would of battered them if we could put the ball in the net. Sam Aiston an unused sub what is Brian thinking, I feel he is one of our most creative midfielders and I feel if he waas on the pitch something just might of happened like a goal and three points but no thats not the case

M

Matthew The Rover

Although I enjoyed being with White Review FC and whoever else sat with us, it was a terrible day for me once I had got to the turnstiles.

Junior price was £10 which I was going to pay, however, the steward on the door said I had to pay FULL price of £18, even though I'm only 15. She said to me how old are you, I said 15 she said nice try adult gate. I said to her but I'm 15 and she said when's your birthday and I told her 6/7/90 straight away and what did she say to me? "That makes you 16 then". Can you not count you inbred yorkshire piece of shite.

I took £21. £10 to get in, £2.50 for program, 50p for lottery on coach leaving £8 for food. I was left with nothing after paying to go in. I couldn't even afford any food.

I'm refusing to ever go to Bradford again unless I get what I deserve and the money I'm owed when we [my mum and I] write to the club later this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the game, well it was shocking. I've never ever seen such a terrible game of football and that's being kind. It was awful. White Review FC did their best to get the boys going but nothing.

We chanted "Brian, make a sub, Brian Brian make a sub" but he just waved at us. It was a disgrace. Four 0-0 draws in a row but does he even bother bringing the likes of Zola and Aiston off the bench who can change games? My arse he does. Disgrace.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
On to the game, well it was shocking. I've never ever seen such a terrible game of football and that's being kind.
Whilst the game didn't reach the echelon's of footballing greatness, I've seen a lot lot worse mate ;)

The actual performance, wasn't bad, but then it wasn't good. It was just average. We suffered from the usual problems. Falling apart in the final third, hoofing the ball up the field to no-one. Ohh yeah, we also seemed to be quite weak in midfield.

However Bradford were no better. I just know we would have beat them in the second half if Brian would actually have made a change. Aiston would have made a huge difference to that side, I'm sure of it. Even Zola, but I'm not as sure on this one ;)

C

ChiefRich

Matthew The Rover said:
Junior price was £10 which I was going to pay, however, the steward on the door said I had to pay FULL price of £18, even though I'm only 15.

Think they must have tightened up after last year; I'm saying no more.

And you do look older than 15 so "every cloud has a silver lining", and go the pub afterwards.

Supposing you can't buy advance tickets for many games any more??

M

Matthew The Rover

Funny you should say that, we went to the ticket office before the game and they weren't selling tickets

C

ChiefRich

Back on topic, it sounded like a complete waste of time. Now quite glad that my Sheffield-inspired drunken binge on Friday kept me feeling sufficiently awful not to go to the game.

I think Brian Little owes you who went enough to try and go for a win, even if it is just making one attacking substitution with a few minutes to go. With Calvin Zola and Sam Aiston on the bench offering something slightly different even I could see that it could have been another thing for Bradford to think about ...

Player
Morrisey
IS Brian trying to piss Calvin off?

"Gaffa I am not going to Egypt, I want to play for the Rovers"

"Thats good to hear, you can keep the bench warm for us then"

After his Christmas performances I would have thought that having 3 top strikers in the side would have inspired BL to keep up with his attacking football and have fresher legs.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
That's a very good point actually, you would think little would have a decency to play Calvin.

hmm very good point :)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be fair though he can't just say... nice one Calvin for not going to the African Cup Of Nations and because you did that for us you can play every TRFC match no matter how you are doing in training. He must have had his reasons for starting with facey against Bradford.