• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 2 Rovers 1

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
really? Oh dammit, I saw 1-1 on SSN about ten to 5, wo whats that, about 8 points from the drop zone?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
6 points from the drop zone tuesdays game now is big as failure to win and we will be facing a relegation battle again a very poor result this

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Very disappointing result. It sounded from the commentary that we deserved a point, playing well in the opening and closing twenty minutes, but less so in the middle period of the game. Criminal really to throw our hard work away with such a late lapse, and particularly disappointing as Weir almost won it for us six minutes from the end.

Tuesday really is must win, against a struggling Rochdale side that were absolutely battered today. Depressing that despite some recent improvements in performances, we seem to be sleepwalking into a relegation battle.

DIW

Player
Goodison
A quick bit of analysis just now showed me that we have lost 16 (didn't count today at first) points from being in a winning position this season, whilst gaining 2 (only two) from coming behind.

This to me is the root of our problem, it is the difference between the playoffs and where we are now. Not sure how you stop that but it's got to be something to do with the mentality of the side and Les needs to address it fast. I can see us sliding into the relegation zone and lacking the balls and fight to get out of it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It may help if we tried 4-4-2 instead of the usual 4-5-1 which hasnt worked well for as long as les has been in charge.

Tuesday is the chance to really have a good go at rochdale they have lost 7 on the trot just conceded 5 at home, we should take the game to them and attack from the start and if we take the lead dont just sit back on it we should be really positive in our play and formation, but really cant see it happening.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Yeah we have a home banker on Tuesday... OMG.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It may help if we tried 4-4-2 instead of the usual 4-5-1 which hasnt worked well for as long as les has been in charge.

This is simply not true. Earlier in the season we were playing some nice stuff for a sustained period of time. However, a 4-4-2 would be more suited to Les's current attitude, which has taken a rather negative shift after some bad results.

Today sounded like a shame. Apparently we played pretty well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shot themselves in the foot yet again. Made a great start and took the lead early. The were hardly over us like a rash. So what happened? According to Les, the missed chances cost is again. That's getting a bit stale now. If Les can't sort the problem out, we are going to be dragged into the relegation fight. Ridiculous considering the promising start we made.

We might have played noticable better over the last few weeks, but it means nothing at all. Getting tired of the excuses. We were great in the second half, we had loads of chances etc etc.. It all means nothing when you walk away with no points.

It might be prudent to suggest playing with more than one striker if goals are a priority. I think Les' 451 is too predictable now. Yeovil aren't a great team yet beat us 2-1 without really doing that much throughout the game. Whereas we seem to be getting all these chances and still losing games!

If Les doesn't make any changes, I think it's going to be a difficult next few months.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Today sounded like a shame. Apparently we played pretty well.
Means absolutely nothing. Not after the numerous games were we have played well and got nothing. :roll:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sonkorly, we were not playing some nice stuff for a sustained period of time we played well in a few games certainly not that many. I havent been to any away games but have not missed a home game this season and we have played well in patches but nothing more must of the time its been the usual tactics and dull football

Player
Manager
John King
The number of daft goals we have conceded from set pieces in recent weeks certainly has not helped us. Yeovil's equaliser came from a corner which we only half cleared, and had we held our lead a little longer today the game may have panned out differently given Yeovil's recent struggles and apparent lack of confidence going into the game.

More encouragingly, Tiryaki and McGurk both did well apparently, and Devaney will hopefully be deemed fit enough to start against Rochdale.

But I agree, the time for excuses is over and we need to win the points to secure our survival. It is a big game on Tuesday night.

Player
Manager
John King
Sonkorly, we were not playing some nice stuff for a sustained period of time we played well in a few games certainly not that many. I havent been to any away games but have not missed a home game this season and we have played well in patches but nothing more must of the time its been the usual tactics and dull football

I think our football was consistently good up until the end of October. Since that time it has been patchier, but generally much better than for the majority of last season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We played well in a few games but not for any sustained period certainly not at home.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Don't think the injury to OFW has helped either, certainly will have disrupted the back line at least.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
well i Wasent surprised we lost at Yeovil as they are a bogey side at there ground.we dont seem to win there.going by the report it sounded like it was a case of us not taking our chances.

As fans have said on here Tuesday is a must win and Tranmere will probably win anyway because Rochdale are no good .

with the transfer window shutting in a couple of weeks Les needs to bring a couple in now but for him to do that he may need to ship a couple of players out first.

looking ahead at the next couple of fixtures against Bournemouth and Huddersfield Tranmere will be lucky if they get anything from either but funny things have happpened.:cool:

Player
Liam Palmer
It's a relegation battle now for Rovers, make no mistake. Forget all the bluster about play-offs, if we continue like this we'll go down. Never mind that we are playing a bit better than results suggest, if you look at the table since 1st November, we're bottom.

There are multiple reasons, no-one on this forum can agree exactly why it's happening, but with such a small squad and a number of players either out injured or playing with injuries we've got little room for error now. The players will just have to get stuck in and battle for point.

I think we'll beat Rochdale, but the next few fixtures don't fill me with too much hope if we cannot beat Yeovil.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We played well in a few games but not for any sustained period certainly not at home.

We were very good away from home too. Orient, Notts C***y, Brentford, Preston, Charlton...it was more than a 'few' games. I don't know what your expectations are but they seem to be way too high...

Yeovil are no good and they beat us.

...and then all of a sudden too low. Shall we just accept that we're going to finish bottom now?