• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 0 Tranmere 2

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Great great win, well done lads! But worried about so many injuries that we're picking up, as well as suspensions. Poor poor Achto injured AGAIN. Came off after 16 mins. So gutted for him. Then Stockdale went off injured too before half time. And Goodi clearly didn't sound fit and hobbled his way through 90 minutes - incredible. He and McCready are now suspended though for next Sat.

But hey, worry about that nearer the time, great win and important 3 pts for the lads, especially as other teams dropped pts today. Shukes with both goals, can he at last start to turn his promise into goals and creating more goals and get that consistency the gaffer and the fans would love to see from him cos he has the ability.

Just elated with the 3 points and gutted for Achto to get injured again. SWA=D>

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Probably our best win of the season. According to the stats, we scored with our only two shots on target and had only two other shots and two corners. Only 42% possession. Sounds like we ground out the result, but better that than being on top and then throwing points away like we've been doing most of the season. =D> Happier than I've been since October. Keep it up!

B

Banana Army

Strange stat about the possesion. It seemed like we had loads. We sweemed content knocking it around for ages. Shukes goals were similar to each other but on different flanks. Ward had a good game after coming on. We did look shaky at some point but held on to ouit 1 goal lead with some good defending and good saves from ward. And the game was killed off with our second.Worrying injuries, but certainly a good score. And we had the pleaseure of Andy D'Urso(sp)'s presence today. Wasn't brilliant but certainly better than the normal tripe we have reffing our games.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Great win... I really didn't expect that! Goodison really does have some guts doesn't he! It is very worrying that we seem to be losing all our defenders at the moment but hopefully we should be just about ok for Tuesday. Obviously worry about next Saturday after Tuesday's game but we may be in trouble if the injuries don't clear up with Goodison and McCready out on Saturday. Made up for Shukes! He's deserved a match winning performance. Gutted for Achto!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Delighted with the three points. In all honestly, the way the first half went, I thought we'd do well to get a draw. But Shuker has finally shown what he can do, and was the match winner today. I hope that gives him more confidence to shoot and try and get more goals. He's capable..

Injuries and suspensions are indeed worrying, but a few days can make all the difference and let's see what we are faced with on Tuesday.

Well done to the lads today, superb performance and I hope that gave the travelling supporters something to sing about today :)

B

Banana Army

Thats another thing. The support today was ace. Really top. We outsang Yeovil by a mile...... that asn't to hd tho. Even when we were under presure we kept on singing. Well done lads.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wasn't expecting to win at Yeovil, a very good result indeed. Tho' the injuries and suspensions are a concern.

How did the defence re-arrange when Stockdale went off? Danny Harrison at right-back makes the mind boggle.

Player
Morrisey
Well I thought Harrison was anonymous when he came on which in a way shows he didn't foul up but didn't set the pitch on fire. He coped.

I cannot see who we will put in defence on Saturday. Tremaco at LB, Sherrif at CB, McAteer at RB but we will need another CB. Could OJ cope at RB?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
McAteer no longer has the pace to play full back. And he seems to be relishing the central midfield role. It will have to be Olly James I guess, although I'm unsure of his fitness as well... Ronnie will have a few selection headaches for the coming matches, and I'm interested to see what his solutions will be.

Player
Morrisey
I dont think we can be picky with regards to certain players attributes at the moment. If someone can play RB then we need to utilise that. I cannot comment on Olly James though. Did we not have an interest free loan at the beginning of the season from some yank which was being saved for 'emergencies'? Is our current predicament not an 'emergency'? I think it was 900k.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not sure the rules allow us to sign anyone at the moment...think the only person we could sign would be a keeper as we only have one fit senior goalkeeper. Although like Ronnie said who's gonna let someone to go to sit on the bench.

Think Harrison might fill in at right back again on Tuesday with Sherrif and Taylor playing centrebacks, unless Goodison plays on one leg again!!!!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
we are still allowed to sign players on loan until march but any financial clout we might of had is useless till the end of the season. if we can get some young premiership players in that would be fantastic but i wont hold my breath.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not sure the rules allow us to sign anyone at the moment...think the only person we could sign would be a keeper as we only have one fit senior goalkeeper. Although like Ronnie said who's gonna let someone to go to sit on the bench.

Think Harrison might fill in at right back again on Tuesday with Sherrif and Taylor playing centrebacks, unless Goodison plays on one leg again!!!!

McCready is available for Tuesday night. His 1 match ban will cover the Orient away game on Saturday. But talk about being short on numbers now. We have little/no money, any signing (which we are allowed to make until march 24) would have to be a keeper but can't seeing us being able to get a decent one - more like a young kid from somewhere to sit on the bench just in case.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Are we not able to recall Jenno or Mike Jones? Is there not emergency circumstances in a loan clause where this can be done?

Player
Morrisey
I would like to think the club has covered it's back by putting recall clauses in the contracts. However would we not have to sacrifice Thommo and that would not do us any favours with regards to signing him at the end of the season. I think that we should look after the present and then worry about next years signings when the time comes so I would terminate Thommo's contract and then sign some one who is going to be of use for the full remainder of the season. If he really wants to be permanent fixture at TRFC then he should understand that keaving would benefit us and ultimately him at the end of the day if he signs for us in the Championship. Just a thought. I have never seen Thommo play for us so I dont know if it would be worth keeping in for the final month or so.