• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wycombe 0-1 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A win!!!!!! Woohooo!!

Fantastic result. I dont care who we were playing. Lots of positives tonight.

1. A win
2. A clean sheet
3. A team performance

Well done lads =D>
It sounded like a well deserved three points and a good team effort. Would like to hear from anyone that went tonight.

Seems like this slightly changed team/tactic is performing a lot better and is certainly getting us some much needed points.

Player
Goodison
Barnes Out lol - only kidding .... for now! Great result lets win the next 36 [-o<

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A good result, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. Here's hoping we can put together a decent run.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The match stats look very strange. We scored with only shot on target and we only had three shots all night but had 55% of the possession! And there was not one booking in a match between arguably the worst two teams in the division.

It sounds like Wycombe were bad, but wins don't come without some organisation and team spirit. We really needed to win tonight to relieve some of the pressure on the team.

Player
Johnny morrissey
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get in there!!!!!!:-D:-D:-D

evo_trfc

Its good to end the loosing streak as it were, Although reading match reports we seem to have had our backs against the wall against the worst team in the divison - not promising reading!

I expected a win here so i'm glad we've got it, Im hoping for some sort of run now just to make sure we dont get dragged into a relagatino dogfight,

Still work to be done but glad for the three points

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The match stats look very strange. We scored with only shot on target and we only had three shots all night but had 55% of the possession! And there was not one booking in a match between arguably the worst two teams in the division.

As the away team, once we scored an early goal, the match stats back up the commentary which suggested we tried to keep the ball without commiting too many risks going forward whilst soaking up inevitable pressure from the home side. This is fairly standard IMO and not strange at all. Would add that I'm wary of those posession statistics though! Or, less skeptically put, I would be interested to know by which means they are calculated (or estimated? always seems to be rounded to a multiple of 5)

Anyway, an away win against against anyone is always good news, especially when you support Tranmere. But let's face it, we were always going to win eventually...so we're a long way from having turned the idiomatic corner. There's a lot of hard work to be done before now and Christmas before we can even think of cutting Barnes some slack. I listened to the game on TW and the commentators seemed pleased by the performances of Mclaren (unofficial MOTM) and the two full-backs, Logan and Cresswell - the latter two praised for "showing maturity way beyond their years". Carole also apparently also had his best game in a white shirt - not saying much, really.

Expect Milwall to turn us over without too much trouble, which is why 3 points tonight was quite important (moreso for Barnes than anyone else though)

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Typical Tranmere fans that we are... diehard and loyal aren't words that even come close to covering it - the fact that we're still here and talking about the whites bears that out. Rose-tinted spectacles is getting closer... fickle b**tards also isn't far from the truth.

Yes I'm delighted with a win. But let's be clear on where I stand on this, Barnes is still as useless as before, and will still take us down to league two if he doesn't get the boot.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think we all know there is a lot of work to do to get this team back on track, and I dont think anyone is that naive to think we have turned a corner. Let's just be happy with the win for now.

And you would also have to be pretty naive to think football isn't a fickle game. One win doesn't change much but its a start!

Saw Thomas-Moore's goal this morning. Great strike from a tight angle.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Really pleased with the win and the clean sheet - excellent result. Still a long way to go and Barnes needs to publicly hold his hands up about making tactical mistakes. But for now, well done to the lads for the win - hopefully that will give them some confidence for the next game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes a good win - could imagine the players werent looking forward to a long trip on a blustery night to a fairly poor ground...esp on the run we are on. But they did the business and glad we got a first clean sheet in the league this season so something to build on.

More of a test on Sat at Millwall but they only drew at home to Yeovil last night so a bit of hope

yozzer31

Player
Aldo
Hi folks

I am eating humble pie by the bucketful. I have been rather critical of the lacklustre performance of McLaren so far this season, but against Wycombe he has to be the Man of the Match. He showed fantastic commitment and also spread the ball out to Shuker quite brilliantly at times. Don't get me wrong the rest of the team played well, but McLaren was head and shoulders above everyone.

We looked particularly dangerous when we went forward; superbly taken goal by ITM and MBR hit crossbar with great header from our only other real chance. However, we played across the park too much again and numerous times there were little triangles between midfield, defence and goalie. I wish that we would commit to forcing home our advantage (particularly against poor clubs like Wycombe) and hope that our wingers will take on the defenders and provide more ammo for our strikers to show their class.

Really hope we keep the momentum going now and test Millwall on Saturday. I know it will be a different proposition to Wycombe but if the lads show commitment like they did the other night and we use the ball more, I think we can go there and get something out of the game. Another 1-0 would do, but I don't want to go through another one where we just sit and let them keep coming at us. Can we start playing the ball forwards instead of across the park please.

Come on Rovers !!!

Keep the faith.