• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Welling v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I will be up with the lark and on the first train out of Lime Street for this one. Even more so than our previous away games, this match promises to be a hardcore non league experience, with approximately 400 home fans in attendance and no segregation in the ground.

I would play the same team and formation that started on Monday, save for Jackson coming in for Mekki (who may be injured) on the right. Although the Kidderminster performance was an improvement, with the current frailties in the side and given Rovers apparent jinx in front of the TV cameras, I can't see us winning this. Failure to pick up three points could unfortunately see us cut well adrift of the leading pack. It is a pity that our first televised game comes when we are three games without a win and playing far from convincingly.

For anyone who has not subscribed to BT Sport, the coverage is pretty decent and it might be worth getting down to PP to watch this one.

Prediction: probably a draw or a narrow defeat, watched by 2-300 masochistic Rovers fans.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rather a downbeat assessment, RLC, though I generally agree. Rather an odd game to choose to televise, there is quite a gulf in the size of the clubs, but relatively little, I fear, in terms of ability. Had it been normal time ko, I'd probably have tried to make it and credit to those like yourself who are travelling down from Merseyside.

Team selection depends on injuries, about which there have been no updates. Mekki went off injured, Ridehalgh seemed to be carrying a knock towards the end of Monday's game. If I were to tinker with the line-up at all it might be replacing Riley, who looked out of sorts v Kidderminster, with Matt Hill, but doubt Brabin will do that. I'd agree with Jackson starting even if Mekki is fit.

Prediction: We'll manage a draw.

M

Mal

I now live on opposite side of Woolwich and according to tfl it will take me 48 mins to get to the ground so I will be going in the hope the performance will be better than at Braintree. To quote Lennon "can't get no worse" . at least I can nip to pub afterwards to see England.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think it will depend on which team turns up. Will we revert to Alty performance or recreate Gateshead? I think we are on the up and Welling will play an open game so our better quality might show. I'm sticking my neck out and predicting a win. Maybe even 3-1.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are on TV, so it's a loss. Safe journey down RLC!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We need to get back on track rather quickly and I think we will win this 2 0 with mangan & maynard scoring

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
On paper its another game against a side we should be beating if we want to have a successful season. No doubt the likes of forest green etc will beat the likes of Welling and we need to do the same.

But as recent weeks have shown we're not quite able to deal with these sorts of sides yet and being on TV doesn't fill me with hope.

That said I'm being positive and going for a 2-0 win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
More changes to the line-up, with Hill, Ihiekwe and Norwood starting. No obvious width, Mekki presumably injured and Jackson on the bench.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Maynard is not at the races today! Hasn't broken into a sprint in the first 25 mins. Probably the worst of a bad bunch so far! We need some width!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rubbish 1st half, created nothing. Davies keeping us in this one. Get some wingers on and attack them!

Player
Liam Palmer
We don't look fit, sharp or particularly interested (or organised). Mangan and Norwood too similar. Maynard is murder.

We've been third to most second balls too.

Woeful.

M

Mal

Need to bring in some Harlem globetrotter players. On bright side, first I have been able to change ends since Hornchurch away.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maynard is not at the races today! Hasn't broken into a sprint in the first 25 mins. Probably the worst of a bad bunch so far! We need some width!!
Watched most of the first half. Excepting Scott Davies, who has kept us level with a couple of good saves and blocks they've been dire. Back four not operating as a unit, Maynard not trying and little coming from the rest of midfield. Norwood clearly not fully fit and Mangan not getting the service. Referee seems a bit of a homer too. Blissett not even on the bench, where the options are limited. Think I'd replace Maynard with Jackson.

Player
Liam Palmer
He backed into him. No elbow apparent. Went down like he was shot. Mind you... Sutton didn't exactly complain.

Player
Liam Palmer
Not good enough. Bad pitch and sending off are just excuses. First half was abysmal- second a bit better but it's going to be a long, long season!

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With the backward elbow into the ribs, Sutton gives the AR a decision to make. Thought it was a harsh red and there was certainly some play-acting by the Welling player as no contact made with his face, but doubt we'd win an appeal on that. Welling's equaliser looked a good goal and on the balance of play a point was the most we deserved.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
never a red card but it can be used to take away from the obvious that we were awful played off the park by a much better team which is very worrying indeed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It was a harsh red card but we were still shi*e! Welling the better team with the better chances. Not getting any easier this..