• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

we start at home to Walsall

Player
aldo
then Swindon away And Newport hone its a tough opening few games, but it is going to be exciting

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That is a difficult start. Had hoped for a few games against the weaker teams to allow the side to bed in. Even Walsall who were poor last season have a new manager and some good signings including Manny.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, the first four games are tough with Manny back at Prenton Park for the opening game.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
bigmart said:
The final game at Orient is the date of my wedding, so hope we are up by then

Many years ago, as a student, I had a a summer job as a waiter at the Dibbinsdsle. A groom was giving his speech when all of a sudden he stopped, threw his arms in the air yelling 'GOAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!'. He had an ear piece and was listening to the game for whatever team he followed.

I suggest you don't repeat that or it could be a frosty honeymoon night!

Have a great day.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
bigmart said:
The final game at Orient is the date of my wedding, so hope we are up by then

Many years ago, as a student, I had a a summer job as a waiter at the Dibbinsdsle. A groom was giving his speech when all of a sudden he stopped, threw his arms in the air yelling 'GOAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!'. He had an ear piece and was listening to the game for whatever team he followed.

I suggest you don't repeat that or it could be a frosty honeymoon night!

Have a great day.
It will be half time by the time we get out if the church !!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A long time ago, a mate of mine told us he was getting married but he didn’t seem that pleased. He then explained that he’d left the arrangements to his fiancée and she’d booked it for World Cup final day 1966! She said she wondered why so many venues had space on that date!

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Move the wedding to a church near the Orient ground Mart, then you and your bride to be could make it to the ground for the second half. What a start to married life, Watching Tranmere in what could be a promotion game, with the SWA. What a start to your honeymoon, what woman could ask for more.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to be at home on Boxing Day and we’ll take a good following to Salford on New Year’s Day

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
A long time ago, a mate of mine told us he was getting married but he didn’t seem that pleased. He then explained that he’d left the arrangements to his fiancée and she’d booked it for World Cup final day 1966! She said she wondered why so many venues had space on that date!
Can anyone else remember where they watched the final, and did you go the pictures to see it again, in colour?
I was on holiday in Morecambe/Heysham and watched the final on a 11inch screen in black and white. Couldn't see much, too many people and smoke!
I've never forget that!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I watched it at home on TV. I bitterly regret not taking a punt and travelling down for the game. The touts had spare tickets and I could have got in for £1! I had seen all the games at Goodson Park including the semifinal. Instead I worked a morning of overtime at Lever’s. It’s the biggest regret of my life as I’ll never get the chance again. Even Rovers get to win matches at Wembley fairly regularly ;)