• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wayne Rooney out for 6 weeks!!!

S

Seanyb

What a complete disaster. Hes fractured his 4th metatarsel and is predicted to be out for 6 weeks, exactly the same amount of time until our first game in the World cup. And let the truth be known its gonna take more than 6 weeks, so i dont think hes gonna make the world cup.

Also, to make it worse, Owen is still not 100% fit from his injury!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Rooney OUT of World Cup

1 word to describe how I feel, gutted :cry:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's a shame and realistically it would be hard to see him playing any part in the world cup at all by the time he is properly match fit! If he could be match ready by the first knock out round though then we may still have a chance. I think we should still get through the group stages without him so if he could make the knock out stages it would be good. As for Owen a scan today has revealed "no damage" which is better news and Terry will only be out for a week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, Owen should be fine now, but his lack of games is worrying. Rooney is going to take a lot longer than 6 weeks. I don't think we'll see him for the tournament. Last time he had this, it took him 12 weeks! Absolute disaster. The question now is who will partner Owen up front?

Player
Morrisey
Rooney is going to Germany in the hope that he will be fit in time for the latter group stages.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Whether or not he may still make the World Cup Despite maybe missing Paraguay match, it looks like hes mising the England Jamaica game I'm going to! I wanted to see him!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Heard it quoted the other day that in the last two years no professional footballer in the UK has recovered from a broken metatarsal in less than 9 weeks. It's gutting news that he's out, the look on the poor lad's face as it happened and he instantly knew what it was and how long he'd be out for...

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'm completely gutted for every England fan out there. You have my sympathy guys. And I agree with Ian, but the lack of games Owen has been involved in will hopefully not reflect in his play.

I'm still rooting for you guys.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks nomur! In fact, I'm very worried indeed about our strike force. We'll have Owen and ... well, the big question is who will partner Owen up front. Crouch? Bent? Vasell? Defoe? It's not very good is it? When you look at the likes of other teams.

Brazil: Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo etc etc..
Spain: Luque, Morientes, Raul, Reyes, Torres etc etc..
France: Anelka, Cisse, Henry, Trezeguet, Wiltord etc etc..
Italy: Del Piero, Inzaghi, Toni, Gilardino etc etc..

Hmm, I just dont think we have enough upfront to make a significant difference. I think we'll make the knockout stages, but wont make it all the way.

Maybe, we are going to have to rely on players such as Gerrard and Lampard to provide some of the goals.

Player
Morrisey
We all know that Lampard can bang them in this season. does anyone think that we could plays someone like Joe cole just behind owen? Then we could play Downing on the Left. I wasn't Downing's biggest fan until i saw him in UEFA cup! I think he should travel. What are peoples thoughts on Beattie going? I think he would do well with Owen. He is the classic English forward and Qwen has that continental flair about him. Vassel, Defoe and Bent all play similar games to Owen and I think that Beats would add some variation.

S

Seanyb

Beatties never gonna go. It will be Owen, Crouch, Bent, Defoe (if Rooney can't make it). I think Downing is a consitantly good player, but with the form that Joe Cole is on, he's no doubt going to be on the left. One good news I heard is Nugent played his first game from recovering from a broken metatrsel after 6 weeks, and i believe ryan taylor did the same. I think Rooney could be ready for the 1/4 finals. Lets hope.