• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wayne Allison returns in coaching role...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Just saw this on SSN. Garnett and Allison handling training, not sure what Les' role is? Picking the team and getting the players motivated, I guess. Anybody know if Chief is here long term? or just while our Les is handling business at the top...

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Les is wearing so many hats at the moment that its lucky that his head is big enough for them all to fit on! Only joking Les! :whistle:

Glad Allison is back - he is a big personality and unlike the two big personalities that have just left he is also likeable.

Love the pic Roverstillidie - seeing Barnes not even being able to get a bike in a car on Friday was a wonderful metaphor for his time at the club. It made my weekend and cudn't have been more appropriate if he had fallen off the bike while trying to hit a cows backside with a banjo!

Gutted i cant be there tonight to support Les and the boys.

LES-LIE PARRY'S SUPER WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Interesting that Malkin came from Villa to be physio. Seeing Chief and Malkin restored some of my faith in the club. Anyone notice how many ex players were in attendance last night, sure I saw Kay and Andy Thorne.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting that Malkin came from Villa to be physio. Seeing Chief and Malkin restored some of my faith in the club.
Yeah, gave me a bit of a warm glow..
I really wanted to see Malkin run onto the pitch when Bakayogo fell after the ball hit him full on in the face.. I dont know why I wanted to see that, I just did. Malkin back on the pitch. :-k

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Chris Malkin is a Tranmere legend. Having scored THAT goal at Wembley, he will forever hold a special place in my heart, long may he remain helping at the club, welcome anytime!

Great to see Chief and Stick helping Les. He must have made so many great mates in his 19 years with Rovers, hoping some of the former great players will come out and help if they are asked.

Chief is a big persoanlity with great sense of humour, ala Ned Kelly, so could be a good assistant for any future manager, especially as he has good links at this level and an association with the club and its fans.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Happy birthday chief!

Every Tom, Dick and Les Parry

All and sundry can put in for the job but there is little to choose between them all.

Surely Garnett who has worked away at the club through youth and reserve team management deserves a shot at it. Otherwise why bother giving him a training period as a trainer? Was all that effort for nought?

Working with Les in a pairing would make sense. They know the club inside out, are in touch with the fans and know what it takes at this level. I dont think they would stand for any bollocks from the players either.

On a different point it was great to win a game for a change but more so to see the future of the club, Barnett and Taylor on the pitch.

Garnett and Parry in, play the kids and the future is brighter. And in case anyone forgets - Johnson out asap please.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I would urge the opposite

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Its all getting a bit clutching at straws now. We are being linked with everyone and anyone. At the risk of being unpopular why does the new manager need ties to the club or need to be an ex player? Christ there must be dozens of managers available who are far more qualified to take the reigns than any of our ex players or current management team. Why does the new manager need to know the Tranmere way of doing things? I would sooner a man who knows the job rather than the club! I couldnt care less who comes in as long as he is ambitious and has a clear understanding how to get the club to move forward. All this about appointing, Les, Garnett, Harvey, Chief, Kelly, come on you cant seriously think they are viable options? IOne reason I wouldnt want them is if it all goes pear shaped I would hate people turning on them. An inexperienced man walking into our current situation would drown, no money to sign players, falling attendences, relegation battle, a want away chairman, low player moral, a very inbalanced squad all of these things would seriously hinder a manager taking over mid season. Any of the above would be great as an assistant but lets get someone who is a MANAGER to lead the club. PJ will have a good idea by now who he is going to be looking at so we will have to wait and see.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good post, BBE. Anyone coming from outside with no real knowledge of the club will be able to tap into the expertise of Les and Shaun. At this stage in the season we can't afford to gamble on an inexperienced manager. I don't buy the big/famous name argument. Barnes's arrival did get us a lot of publicity, but this did not result in bigger gates, better players or success on the field.

Ignorance is bliss

Sonkorley, what exactly is "the opposite" in this case, a swimming coach perhaps, or maybe a traffic warden, then again why not a retired bingo player? Youre response makes no sense.
Dear BBE, what are you urging - someone without any knowledge of the club, the level we are at or of the opposition we are likely to meet? But we've just had that in Barnes havent we and what a success it turned out to be!!!!!
Surely what the club has been doing for a long time in trying to groom younger players [and perhaps a younger coach] makes you think we should have the guts to try and find out if that can bring us a measure of success, or why bother trying in the first place?

And Garnett with Les providing a guiding hand is surely worth a try. After all, knowledge is a vital thing - only ignorance is bliss and in this case also denotes crass stupidity.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
An inexperienced man walking into our current situation would drown, no money to sign players, falling attendences, relegation battle, a want away chairman, low player moral, a very inbalanced squad all of these things would seriously hinder a manager taking over mid season.
Also very good reasons why no decent manager in their right mind would take the job either. Whoever it is, I have a gut feeling it's all going to be a bit of an anti-climax.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Also very good reasons why no decent manager in their right mind would take the job either.

Someone out of work with a mortgage to pay who fancies earning ~£1k a week for telling a bunch of blokes how to play football I guess.

Player
Johnny morrissey
Really hope we get someone who has managed or is managing at this level(Div1 or Div2). Don't want a big name just a good solid manager.
This is not the time to take gamble on an ex player or someone who has never managed before with links to Tranmere, as much as i like the chief & Shaun & Les, we can't afford to get this one wrong[-o<

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With a lot of the bigger names linked apparently not applying(going by BunnyBell's postmatch remarks), it may be there's less choice for PJ than we thought. To my mind it may be better appointing a complete novice with some knowledge of the club than an experienced manager with a history of failure elsewhere or who's been out of the game some time. My preference would be an experienced boss who didn't have the above drawbacks with Shaun or Chief as their no 2

Apologies to sonkORLEY and BBE

I was a bit short in my response, far too abrupt, I apologise.

I suppose the best we can hope for is a decision to be made fairly soon and then the team and all connected can concentrate on the pitch, where it ultimately really matters.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Surely Garnett who has worked away at the club through youth and reserve team management deserves a shot at it.

No. We're in the relegation places and we need a manager.

Otherwise why bother giving him a training period as a trainer? Was all that effort for nought?

Because there is a difference between coaching and managing.

Working with Les in a pairing would make sense. They know the club inside out, are in touch with the fans and know what it takes at this level.

I don't care how inside out Les knows the club - maybe he could walk from the physio room to the toilet with his eyes closed. Doesn't make him a manager. He's a physio.

I dont think they would stand for any bollocks from the players either.

Why would they respect a physio and a coach?

On a different point it was great to win a game for a change but more so to see the future of the club, Barnett and Taylor on the pitch.

We've lost points because of Taylor this season and I don't expect Barnett will stay beyond this year.

Garnett and Parry in, play the kids and the future is brighter. And in case anyone forgets - Johnson out asap please.

Appoint a physio as manager to a bunch of 18 year olds (with a very poor record in a reserve league) and make them play in a professional league - finish bottom, get relegated.

Get rid of Johnson - don't have a club.

ignorance is bliss and in this case also denotes crass stupidity.

Quite.

Hope that makes sense.