• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Walsall 1-4 TRFC

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
4-3-3 doesn't work. Les out. Going down. Injured players coming back making no difference.

Discuss.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Absense of McLaren anyone?

Think this touches on a pretty big point. Labadie is about 2 divisions better than McLaren. Makes a big difference having him in the middle. ITM is a lot better than Akins too. Taylor and Broomes can make equally big impacts when they return to defence.

Last time Tranmere scored 4 away, anyone? 5 internet points to the winner.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
a cracking result indeed and much needed now we need to ge a positive result next saturday at home to mk dons.

was the last time we score 4 or more wrexham away?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
i believe so! +5

DIW

Player
Goodison
Excellent result today well done to the lad, but in a way makes me more pissed off with last weeks non performance.

The side Les put out today was a good one I feel, probably our best eleven. With Welsh, Labadie and Blanchard in midfield, there was a good mix of quality and strength with Blanchard able to offer more in the way of harrying and closing people down than McLaren. Sonkorly is right in his assertion that Joss is 2 divisions better, and Les was obviously right to leave out mendy who has looked increasingly cumbersome recently.

Up front the combination of ITM, Showaddy and Jenno has a good mix of pace, intelligence and physical strength.

We need to keep these players fit, use this a confidence booster and move onwards. a point next week at home would be acceptable, a win even better. I'm bot for one minute saying we can compete very far up this league but we can survive if stop being so kamikaze.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Half an hour up the road from here. Missus didn't want me to go. Gutted.

Great result though =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic result. Just shows what can be achieved when you put in a lot of effort and you play together as a team. Hope we can build from this.

Nice to see Labadie and ITM back.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Think this touches on a pretty big point. Labadie is about 2 divisions better than McLaren. Makes a big difference having him in the middle. ITM is a lot better than Akins too.

Having been to the match today, I think this pretty much sums up our problem this season. Our first choice eleven can give anybody a game at this level, but take two or three of those players out (particularly Labadie) and the replacements just aren't up to it.

I also think 4-3-3 only works properly when Joss is in the side. He is the only midfielder with the touch of class, and attacking intent, to get close to Enoch and link the play. This afternoon they got the little interchanges going early on, which in turn brought John Welsh into the game, passing the ball to feet rather than simply hacking it around as so often happens.

Welsh was superb today, scored two goals and had a big influence on the third and was definitley MOM: his best game in a white shirt. Enoch was also awesome and tormented the Walsall back line all afternoon with his touch, strength and pace. ITM was peripheral in the first half, but worked much harder in the second, and as has already been said, just his presence and experience makes a difference as opposed to having the likes of Akins and Morrow out there.

We tore Walsall apart in the second half and could have had more goals from Cresswell (thirty yard screamer), Jennings and Moore. All told, a superb performance which should even keep the White Reviewers happy. ;-)

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Think this touches on a pretty big point. Labadie is about 2 divisions better than McLaren. Makes a big difference having him in the middle. ITM is a lot better than Akins too. Taylor and Broomes can make equally big impacts when they return to defence.

Last time Tranmere scored 4 away, anyone? 5 internet points to the winner.

4 away from home? erm no can,t remeber or i,m too young (57)\\:D/

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Get in! Superb away win from the lads today. 4 goals too, amazing! Sounds like a great team performance and having just seen the goals, all were well taken, 2 were gifts though! At least we took advantage though!

Glad we took the points. The abuse Les Parry was getting last week was un called for and totally pointless from some mindless idiots in my opinion. Glad the lads performed for him and the travelling SWA.

And to answer the initial question, no surprise McLaren was absent and we perform well and get the win. Sorry Macca, the facts don't lie.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm reliably informed that the last time we scored four away from home was....

Season 04-05 at the Racecourse Ground. Wrexham 1 Tranmere 5 (FIVE!!!) \\:D/

Player
Goodison
I think the last time we scored 4 was against Yeovil at home in Brian Little's last season when Greenacre scored a hat trick.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good result, sorry I didn't go now. Well done to the likes of Rockfords Love Child who did, only 370 SWA in attendance, which is fewer than we normally take to Walsall, the numbers may have been down because of last week's poor performance.

Agree about McLaren, the stats show we're more likely to lose with him in the line-up. Although he played ok in a defensive midfield role away at Huddersfield, he really is a waste of space at home. It sounds like all three of our midfielders today did well, though Les seemed to think Labadie could do even better from the comments on the official site. Needed next a win against Stockport in the JPT!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I also think 4-3-3 only works properly when Joss is in the side. He is the only midfielder with the touch of class, and attacking intent, to get close to Enoch and link the play.

This man understands.

I was going to go today, but simply wasn't in the mood for a day out when I woke up. Sat and listened to it on Tranmere world - gutted on the one hand, pleased on the other.

I think the last time we scored 4 was against Yeovil at home in Brian Little's last season when Greenacre scored a hat trick.

Gillingham 4-2 early last season, can't remember if we've scored 4 again between then and now though.

Player
Liam Palmer

No, even under Dumb and Dumber we managed four goals at home TWICE! (Gillingham and Grimsby.)

This was easily the most goals and the highest margin under Les.

Great result today, hope we can kick on from this. Envious of the hardy few that can say "I was there..."

Player
Goodison
Oh yeah forgot about Gillingham#-oThat game could have easily been 4-4 if it wasn't for Daniels!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Oh yeah forgot about Gillingham#-oThat game could have easily been 4-4 if it wasn't for Daniels!

Spot on. And the four goals against Grimsby were against a team heading for the Evostick League.

Today was much more convincing. :smile: