White Review

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale v Rovers

ADD

Player
Norwood
TBH I am not that disappointed. Yes I know Vale are manager less but the game would likely have been a lottery with the pitch in poor condition.
Also given so many new players is it such a bad thing that we have an extra 4 days to bed them in and check on their fitness levels. Dagnall will now have had at least have 2 or 3 training sessions so he is more likely to be ready to start than he would have been if the game had been on today.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
It does make you wonder though....as at 8.15 today it's the only fixture in the whole of top four divisions that's been called off.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Having said that, the Vale keeper has been in the press this week berating the club for the state of the pitch saying it's had no money spent on it in decades.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It does make you wonder though....as at 8.15 today it's the only fixture in the whole of top four divisions that's been called off.
Crewe’s game off as well. Better the decision was taken early. It’s a bit frustrating we’re not playing Vale now while they’re without a manager.

Player
Jason Koumas
Not a great set of results for us yesterday, with Exeter, Colchester and Stevenage all winning. We are now eight points off the play offs, albeit with a game in hand on the top seven.

I always thought it was unlikely we would challenge for the play offs this season. However, if we could somehow win the next two home games, we would probably be only three to four points adrift with two very winnable fixtures to follow.

In reality, with the turnover of players in the last month, we might struggle to find consistency in the weeks ahead.