• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranny 3-1 'Udders

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
This league is easy, move us up to the Championship already...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, our home form continues to be excellent. I don't think it was an easy game today. Definately not in the first half. Huddersfield worked hard but to little effect. Much better second half from Rovers and you could see them playing with some confidence.

Bas's strike was excellent and I was pleased to see Kay chipping in with a few more. Shame he couldn't get a third. His first was easy, completely unmarked in the penalty area. Not sure where we'd be without his 11 goals this season. What a great season he's had so far.

Now the real test begins. We've got ourselves into the top six, can we stay there? Three away games on the trot, they really have to beat bottom club Cheltenham on Tuesday night.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with Ian on this one. The 1st half we failed to capitalise after the early free gift for Kay. There were umpteen chances to clear the ball before their equaliser. Our midfield kept giving the ball away, Goodison didn't seem fully fit and kept making wrong choices and it was impossible to get much idea of Major's crossing as Bas was parked out on the right wing. I wasn't impressed with the half-time substitution, as Gornell had been battling away and at least occupying the target man areas of the pitch. Perhaps he'd got a knock? However, Savage finally got something right, with a brilliant volley from the edge of the area. Kay got a 3rd soon after and despite an injury to Mayor, Rovers were comfortably in control thereafter.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I agree with Ian on this one. The 1st half we failed to capitalise after the early free gift for Kay. There were umpteen chances to clear the ball before their equaliser. Our midfield kept giving the ball away, Goodison didn't seem fully fit and kept making wrong choices and it was impossible to get much idea of Major's crossing as Bas was parked out on the right wing. I wasn't impressed with the half-time substitution, as Gornell had been battling away and at least occupying the target man areas of the pitch. Perhaps he'd got a knock? However, Savage finally got something right, with a brilliant volley from the edge of the area. Kay got a 3rd soon after and despite an injury to Mayor, Rovers were comfortably in control thereafter.

I agree with most of this. FYI the half time substitution was enforced, but I think that Sonko actually impacted on the game quite well without actually threatening to score. Their backline was very slow and having someone with a bit of pace on did cause some problems. Second half was a lot better today, though there weren't as many chances in the game as the scoreline would suggest. Huddersfield lacked organisation and discipline - had some really nasty little players.

Thought Jenno and Chorley were possibly our best players generally, and of course Kay for scoring twice. Taylor and Goodison didn't look 100%.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah, I'd agree Sonko did a decent job when he came on, as did Cresswell. Both should perhaps have been more selfish after getting into good shooting positions. 'Udders play in the style of their manager, no little skill, but a thuggish element too. Comedy moment was Jennings accidentally smacking their player in the chops with the ball. However when Jenno went to give him a pat on the back after play resumed, the response was a real hissy fit.

Player
Liam Palmer
Think we're being a bit harsh - not surprised the first half was a bit slow, despite the early gift goal, I always expected a bit of a hangover after Wednesday. But we blew them away after half-time. It was pretty one sided and but for a bit of bad luck, bad finishing and good defending, we could have doubled our goals. It was just so pleasing to get a 'routine' win.

I have to stick up for Goodison. he went over on his ankle early doors and this hampered him. I thought he still did ok against a big striker.

Now the real challenge - 3 away games. However, I do feel confident. Just hope we can keep the injuries at bay.

My big grump was the crowd - terrible turnout, no more than on Wednesday. The good folk of Wirral really have given up on us.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
My big grump was the crowd - terrible turnout, no more than on Wednesday. The good folk of Wirral really have given up on us.....
Couldn't agree more. Best way to get them back is to get out of this damn league. People wont wait forever.