• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere vs 'Uddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Another tough one.

Ole Ole Ole, Antony Kay, Antony Kay

Will be very notable the difference in reception that a great player like Kaysey will get compared to the boos that greeted Thornton's every touch!

As for the result, again I'll be happy with a point from the match.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hahaha, yeah Antony will likely get a good reception I'd expect. Be disappointed if he didn't given that without his goals last season we'd have been in a similar position to what we're in now! Did us great service for the 2 years he was with us and deserves a big round of applause before the game.

After that, he plays for the opposition. Get behind our team and let's beat him! On the pitch I mean. In terms of winning the game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i would be happy to pik up a point in this game, they are starting to pick up wins away from home and will be a very tough test im going for a 1 1 draw

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Personally think they are beatable especially at Prenton Park. We shouldnt be settling for a point at home as we have (on paper) some tricky home games coming up, and our away form although rapidly improving doesnt fill me with confidence. Its away from home that we should be looking to pick up odd points whilst at home we should be trying to make teams worry about us and what we are going to do.
Am going to stick my neck out and say 3-1 home win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Like NeverBeat, I hope that Kay gets a decent reception on his return. The man had enough class not to celebrate when he scored what looked like a winner at the Galpharm. If anyone does have an urge to boo, I'd suggest directing it at Liverpool reserve Nathan Eccleston, who strung Les along before opting to go on loan to the Udders.

Our visitors are coming into form and I honestly feel a point would be a good result. They've not got a great record at PP recently, but then neither had Stockport...

I expect Les to name the same team, unless injuries deprive us of McLaren or Broomes. Personally would replace Broomes with McCready and start with Gornell ahead of Sordell, who seems to lack the fitness for a full ninety and might do better coming on as an impact player.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm fully expecting the same team barring injuries and agree that Kay should get a good reception - although Goodison has been IMO our most important player of the last 6/7 seasons, Kay for the 2 years he was there made as much impact as I have ever seen in a player. Not just the goals he scored but his leadership, walking around the players before kick off getting them up for it etc - he was quality....anyway enough of that....

This on paper should be tougher than Orient - they have won 4 out of their last 6 away and have one of the biggest wage bills in the league. That said, on our day we are capable.

I would gladly take a point now which would mean 4 out of 6 points gained from 2 games against in form sides above us in the league. That should keep us out the bottom 4.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Realistically a point would be a good result. That would be 8 points from the last 4 games. Decent return considering our position.

I'm sure Kay will get a good reception. He has shown the club respect after leaving unlike other players I could mention.

The Terriers are in great form. Unbeaten in the last 9 league games and had two good away wins back to back against Carlisle and Hartlepool.

Currently sitting 4th in the recent form table with 3 wins and 3 draws from their last 6 games.. Compared to Rovers sitting in a respectable 6th place with 3 wins, 2 draws and just 1 loss.

All makes for a good, competitive game, looking forward to it but nervous at the same time.

Lee Clark's comments on their official website:

"Tranmere have a lot to fight for and they will fight hard, because the man they have in charge will demand that. Les Parry has come in and done a brilliant job. I like him a lot - whenever I have been to watch Tranmere, his desire and passion has been tremendous and he has got his side really fit. Les has been at Tranmere and they all respect him - he will have his players fired up for the game.

"If they can't win games, they are not losing; they have taken seven points from a possible nine. Prenton Park is always a tough place to go, so we know we are in for a tough game.

"I've seen that the Tranmere supporters are trying to raise money for a loan player, which is terrific - supporters care for their Club and will do anything to help them. Financially things are a bit tight at Tranmere, so their fans are doing their best to help the Club and that is indicative of the togetherness they seem to have over there. Tranmere is a terrific club full of great people."

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
In the away game this season, Kay scored against us but didn't celebrate. What a star. OLE OLE OLE

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
But... wont be scoring against us tonight ;)

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I've got a good feeling about this game I think we win it, 2.0

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Tony Kay is not a star of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.