• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere vs Hereford

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Easter Monday. Fortress Prenton.

At the same time... Leeds are away to Leicester... Scunny away to Hartlepool.

I'm going to predict we'll get the win, after a few scares. In fact I think we're probably due to leak at least one at the back, has happened historically after Goodi has secured contracts (just once I should leave it, I know) so my score prediction is a 2-1 win.

Scorers, I'm guessing Curran first and I'll go with an outside punt for the second with Mr Edds.

One prediction I'll make that I'm much more sure will come true, is that our fans with make us proud with some good vocal support. We're (just) in the playoff places now, 12th man every minute of every game and we'll keep it.

SWA!

Player
Liam Palmer
The good thing at this stage is that performances don't matter, it's all about results. Seven lucky, scrappy 1-0 wins and we'll be promoted....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Four cleans sheets. It's really good going. We may have rode our luck a bit yesterday and it was a scrappy affair, but like TT64 says, we'll take the 1-0 wins.

I think we're all expecting a win on Monday, let's just hope we get a good attendance. I've a feeling we might. Just being in the top six gives everyone a bit more of a lift. The player, the fans..

Fixtures tomorrow:

Cheltenham v Yeovil
Colchester v Brighton
Hartlepool v Scunthorpe
Huddersfield v Carlisle
Leicester v Leeds
Millwall v Peterborough
MK Dons v Bristol Rovers
Northampton v Southend
Oldham v Crewe
Stockport v Walsall
Swindon v Leyton Orient
Tranmere v Hereford

Leicester v Leeds and Millwall v Peterborough. Huge games! It would be good to close the gap on the teams above us as it currently stands at 6 points! If we win tomorrow and Leeds lose, the gap closes to three points and then it's off to Elland Road!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hereford are fighting for survival and don't have a bad record @PP. I think it will be a tight game, maybe high-scoring, as both sides must win. Injury concerns over Jennings + Barnett, if both are out will end up with a line-up similar to how we finished at Walsall? I don't think Craig Curran is anywhere near the level he was at the start of the season and would like to see Gornell at least on the bench. Expect Scunny to win and Leeds to get something now Leicester wobbling, so crucial for Rovers to triumph here.

Player
Goodison
Obviously a must win game, hopefully Jeff Stelling will be singing the sweeney tune all afternoon!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Boz, can't see us catching Leeds anyway, so they can do as they please IMO. Scunny aren't a nailed on 3 points @ Hartlepool, and their next game is away at Leicester, so will be interesting to see what happens if we win. I reckon we might give Hereford a bit of a kicking, could do with getting the old goal difference up a bit.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Having lost interest a couple of months ago, I'm now almost positive about our chances. Scunny's defeat at Wembley sems to have knocked them back. I agree that they are far from certain winners at Hartlepool. In fact, their run in looks a lot worse than ours - MK Dons, Northampton, Leicester, Cheltenham - before they play us.

I still think Scunny will pip us and they are the only team we can realistically catch, but at least the season has come back to life.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
My hope is that we win and Leeds lose.
That would put us 3 pts behind Leeds who we play on Sat..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Hmm I suppose so. But I can't see us winning there, a draw would be incredible. They have a better home record than us, even.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Taylor back instead of Cresswell the only change. Not sure I agree, Aaron offers more at set pieces. Gornell not on the bench again. Poor away turnout, given a big game for them. Late start!

Status
Not open for further replies.