• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Walsall - 3-3

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's face it the players and the crowd thought this game was won with 15 to go.
I did when we were cruising at 3-1 with 30 mins to go. However with 15 mins to go, I was worried, very worried. Being honest, it's not the first time this has happened this season, hanging onto games when they should have been dead and buried. No good if you've got a weak heart.

Goodison might not have got injured either if it wasn't for everyone deciding to defend desperately so early on. Did you not see the game turning before this point? I don't think the result would have been any different if he'd stayed on.

At that point, it wasn't who was playing, it was how we were playing.

Half the crowd were screaming at the team to get forward and put them under some kind of pressure and at least have one man upfield. It's not rocket science surely?

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Broomes

Pity if true about Broomes on his way. I was never a Brooems knocker of which there was many, as I think at this level he was decent in more than one position.

Wood or McCrystal for Goodi - not fantastic options for Les. He could have gone the other way and it could have been worse. I suppose he lives and dies by these decisions - but not a baltant mistake.

However surprised at the other subs. A decent defensive sub, but still an outlet wide would have been Bakayogo - although agree we needed to at least pose a threat so keep Jennings or ITM on

I suppose it is common in football, but I remember years ago when Clint Hill was here we used to fall back onto the 18 yard box and the last few mins always a nightmare - must be in the phsyci:-k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Apparently the official word on Broomes is that he was 'ill' at the weekend, so read into that what you will. I think it would be disastrous if we lost him as, aside from Taylor and possibly Blanchard, the other options we have at right bank and centre back are not great at all. Plus his experience would be sorely missed.

I get the impression from the comments above that most supporters were as upset and bewildered about Saturday as I was. Failing to beat a team as poor as Walsall at home from an utterly commanding position has to be worrying, and must raise questions about the character of the team and the judgement of the management.

The greatest frustration is that I think we have actually played pretty well in the last three games, with virtually our strongest eleven, but still haven't picked up the number of points we needed to take against fair to midding sides with extremely tough games coming up. The home defeats to Hartlepool and Orient before Christmas could be seen in the same light.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Firstly, I didn't think Walsall were that bad, certainly not in attack, but they were fragile in defence, with an inexperienced keeper and we didn't polish them off when we had the chance.

Disagree with Ian on Warner's kicking, there were a number of clearances from our new keeper that didn't reach the halfway line and most of those weren't attempts to cushion the ball to a Rovers player and went straight to an opponent. Maybe he'll improve with time, but very rusty here.

As for the subs issue, Les made comment about Dale being tired and not helping out Cresswell on the left. Fine, but why didn't he go along the route suggested by Higgy and introduce Zoum, a defender, with some pace rather than McGurk a pedestrian striker?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Les comments. Of course we want results !! What does he expect when we're down the bottom. I'd take a 1-0 scrappy win anytime considering the position we are in !!

"They saw a performance and did not see a result because we conceded two goals late on. They booed us off at the end, which was their prerogative and for what happened in the last few minutes, I don’t blame them. But it showed the fans want results, not performances"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
"But it showed the fans want results, not performances"
Yeah, playing like Brazil just aint going to cut it in League One.. :roll:

Annoyingly, they had the result but they threw it away after deciding to play the final 25 minutes in their own half. #-o

EGBDF

Player
Tony Warner
I am so dissapointed that a valuable extra two points were chucked away just like that.
We could have done with those points come the end of the season too.