• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Gillingham

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear, seems like we all a little bit too shocked after that one! What the hell went wrong?!?

2-0 up after 5 mins, happy days!!
Then, Gillingham have an attack, our defence freezes up (maybe it was the weather!). Not once, but three times. To echo what Ronnie said, the defence was woeful.

The second half was a non-event. We just didnt get at them. Hoofing long aimless balls up front. What a waste of time. The most effective way to play is on the ground, they knew this from the first five mins of the game. Ahh, same old same..

We have yet to win in December.
Please, not another sodding ***** white christmas! #-o

Player
Morrisey
If we had won then we would have been poised perfectly to win our game in hand and make Forrest a cracking game.

All I can say is Happy Fukcing Christmas.

Shocking must get maximum points from the remaining games this Crimbo and then have opur usual strong finish to the season.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The goals were shockingly soft, all three of them. The bedrock of our team, the central back three of Ward, McCready and Goodison all looked like they'd had too many drinks the night before or something, they just didn't turn up.

Mullin and Shuker both had storming first halves but then just couldn't get the ball in the second half as the confidence in the team just evaporated, stemming from the back, and all passing quality disappeared entirely, the back three that I've already mentioned resorting to aimless hoofs everytime the ball came close to them.

Ellison had another poor game and young Davies wasn't given enough time to make an impact at the end. That sub should have been made earlier, and the half-time teamtalk seemed to make heads drop down still further. What was needed was something to get a reaction from the players in the second half, while it looks like what they got was a real rollocking and when they walked out onto the pitch for the second half they appeared dejected more than fired up. I'm not saying they didn't deserve to have their heads bitten off for the shambolic first half defending, but there was still a game to be won. In the end the second half was dreary and dull, the likes of which we haven't had to put up with this season until now. Made all the worse by the sharp contrast to the sparkling first ten minutes of the match, we know they can play better, yet against mid-table sides they just don't. That needs putting right and soon.

Pedro Negro

Player
Chris Greenacre
Why did we give it up soo easily?
I didn't go the game myself because of personal reasons but I can't believe we gave it up.
Bloody shocking.
My friend told me it was mostly through set pieces. But we should know how to defend them!
But if my comments piss any of you lot off it's probably because I'm in the heat of the moment.
Ah well... Game in hand. Lets see if that brings us any joy.
COME ON YOU WHITES =D>=D>=D>

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Had no internet/computer over Xmas so just a quick post of my thoughts from Sat's game.

RUBBISH!

We always start off pretty well and the first 5 mins we played ok, after that it was terrible. The defence looked a shambles and Gav sparked no confidence at all behind them. Great goal by Shukes! U know he meant it! But the second half display was dismal, not creating anything of note to get back in the game against a side who were poor at best.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
That was a dreadful game after the 1st 10 mins. WE NEED TO START KILLING TEAMS OFF WHEN WE GO AHEAD! I actually thought we may get the big win Ronnie has been talking about all season!