• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere V Colchester

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Late night win should or should or I say might boost some confidenec into the squad.

My prediction of starting line up:

Acto
Bruce or Linwood
Sharps
Jacko
Goodison
Roberts
Rankine
Jenno
Aiston
Greenacre
Facey

Mr Prediction of score:

Rovers 3 Colchester 1

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Now we've got a win under belt should give us an edge goin into saturdays game. If we go back to 4-3-3 I think we'll have them a good score, 4-4-2 just nick it. Heres what I would put out.

Achterberg

Bruce Sharps Jackson (c) Treamarco

Aiston Jennings Roberts

Zola Greenacre Dagnall.

Subs: Rankine, Wilson, Linwood, Facey, Sumerbee.

C

ChiefRich

The "Bolton_Hater" team is the one for me. But is it the sort of team a manager of the 23rd best club in the league would pick? Maybe yes if what reports from Bristol City say are true.

That is what SHOULD happen. Now, what WILL happen?
For a start, none of the golden oldies get to play, which won't be on. Goodison WILL play so bye bye Carl (unfortunately). Rankine would be worked into that system somehow. Aiston will be sent to the bench probably, and Facey will probably play right as a consequence.

So WILL end up as
Achto; Bruce, Sharps, Jackson (c), Goodison; Facey, Rankine, Jennings, Roberts; Zola, Greenacre

Which by BL's standards is still quite radical!

Here's another one of those posts on which I want to be wrong.

M

Matthew The Rover

Dammit we're going on Holiday so I can't make the game. Looks like I'm going to Donny though.

Prediction:

Rovers 0-0 Colchester.

B

Banana Army

BH has the right idea, but i cant see robbo and Aiston (2 out and out wingers) and Jenno (a naturally right sided player) lining up in the centre.

A closer team (If we play 4-3-3) would be:

-----------------------Achterberg------------------------

--Bruce ------ Jackson ------ Sharps ------ Roberts--

-------Jennings------ Rankine ------ Aiston-----------

---------Zola ------- Greenacre ------Facey-----------

DixieDean

Brian should keep faith with a winning side. That will show the lads that if they play well (and win!) they keep their place, which will in turn breed confidence.
Chopping and changing all the time won't help anyone.....

M

Matthew The Rover

But half of them didn't play well last night (more than half). Plus Jennings has looked poor on the two or thre occassions I have seen him on the right this season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Right im going to this match... Obviously hoping for a win... which is what we need in the league too. I think Brian will keep last nights team, but im not 100% sure we will win. My prediction...

Tranmere 2-0 Colchester.

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
But half of them didn't play well last night (more than half). Plus Jennings has looked poor on the two or thre occassions I have seen him on the right this season.

when have we played well lately?
maybe a win will give them the confidence.
if you drop players after the first win in ages why should they make an effort the next time they are in the first team? there's no incentive to play well if they imagine they'll be dropped regardless.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
thanks for agreeing with my team :lol:

Don't know if you;ll agree with the score. BH Prediction:

Uhmmmm.....Rovers 2 Colchester 0

team,

...............................................1.Achterberg

..............17.Linwood..........4.Jackson(c)......5.Sharps............15.Goodison

.....................14.Facey..........8.Rankine....12.Jennings.......3.Roberts.......

...........................................9.Zola.......10.Greenacre............................

that's the team i think little will go with.
Tranmere 1-1 Colchester
Sharps.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
facey in midfield :? not sure about that one.

bolton_hater said:
facey in midfield :? not sure about that one.

am not sure bout that one either,but little adores zola and cos' little signed facey i can't see him being dropped! little might call it a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3 but i'd put it down as a 4-4-2.

R

rockferrywhites

i am very confident that we will win the game, colchesters away form is not the best. but i just thought the last two seasons they have visited it's ended in a draw i think :?: also stick with the same team as bristol because at times we looked pretty good. i think we just have to get at colchester from the start, we need to come out all guns blazing

my prediction: trfc 2 col 0

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer i agree with the score rockferrywhites, and do;nt start to panic or concede silly goals.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I wouldn't start Goodison but he is going to start because he always starts I would play Tremarco or Robbo at left back. GOODISON ISNT CONSISTANT ENOUGH IN MY OPINION HE'S TOO DOZY!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
little could never leave goodison out, but hopefully hell play well.

Player
Morrisey
with the team that started against Bristol we have the capacity to throw ball in the box and also to attack them directly through the heart of the defence with three strickers linking up. I just think that we meed to mix our play up so they dont know what we are going to throw at them next.

I predict, 2-1 to the Rovers.

Facey, Zola + Greg Halford.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't go to either the Bristol game or the Lincoln one. It sounded as though Rovers were quite unlucky in the former and very fortunate in the LDV game. So there is capacity to change a winning side and it would be my preference. Not even God will have a clue what Mr Little will do after recent comings & goings.

Colchester were one of the better sides at PP and a bit unlucky to only get a draw last season. I can't see us doing any better this time around. 8-[

Status
Not open for further replies.