• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Lose Again 10-11

evo_trfc

I wasnt at the game tonite so i dont know what the team performance was like any 1 who went can you give an insight

penalties must have been good to watch but morale must be extremely low after another loss

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh christ, another defeat at home and could this week get any worse? Please, no comments about Brian Little in here, post only about the game.

Again, we had plenty of chances, Facey with a hatful of chances, and a hatful of misses. Carlisle were never really in the game, and we should have finished them off, but again poor finishing let us down.

Amazing penalty shootout, but very poor result. :eek:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think it sounded like a fairly solid performance although Wilson sounded a bit dodgey all game and then of course missed the penalty which meant we went out. Overall I think it sounded like we shaded the game. I knew we would lose though when it went to penalties. Typical though. We have now lost our last 8 penalty shoot outs. I just can't believe we scored 10 penalties in a row and still lost! I know Wilson missed but don't know how many of the penalites he should have saved. I'm sure the commentator said he got a hand to 2 or 3 of them. When will we ever win a penalty shoot out!I doubt we'd beat a load of 5 year olds in a penalty shoot out!!! Gutted because with Macclesfield, Kidderminster and Hereford through to the semis of the northern section I thought we had a good chance of making the final!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I know penalties can be hit and miss Joe, and yes, we have been fairly 'unlucky' with them, but what worries me more is that we couldnt beat Carlisle in 120 minutes. :eek:

M

mikeo32

19 years without winning a penno shout out i believe???

Better play than against Brentford, my man of the match goes to Carl Tremarco, played fuckin class throughout, shoudln't have been brought off.

As for the pennos, can't remember the last time i saw a shootout as long as that. Some good pennos taken, made up sharps scored.

As for Wilson's penno can't believe how wide he hit it.

Another christmas bummer. Sack little, am fed up of him.

Whats everyone elses views on the match?

smilingmart

I went tonight and sat through an abismal 2 hours of 'football'.

To cut a long story short we currently belong in and amongst league 2 opposition like Carlisle. I hate to say it but its true.

One glimmer of hope in my eyes... I spoke to Calvin after the game and he said he will be out for just a couple more days and will be fit for walsall away. I think calvin from his first half display against brentford is one reason we may just about stay in this division. He is a real handful and league 1's peter crouch.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

smilingmart said:
I went tonight and sat through an abismal 2 hours of 'football'.

To cut a long story short we currently belong in and amongst league 2 opposition like Carlisle. I hate to say it but its true.

One glimmer of hope in my eyes... I spoke to Calvin after the game and he said he will be out for just a couple more days and will be fit for walsall away. I think calvin from his first half display against brentford is one reason we may just about stay in this division. He is a real handful and league 1's peter crouch.

Well said mate I hought both teams were very poor and Wilson's peno was the worst peon since Japp Stams in the world cup for Holland a couple of years ago.

M

mikeo32

Both teams were poor, but we should have beat them, league two for gods sake. Hope this isn;t a sign of things to come.

A

AndyRoo16

Another dissapointing result...
Tranmere had the best of the chances in my opinion, with Facey missing the best of them :( ...Aiston again highlighted his potential and why he should be played, creating most chances only to be substituted later,why?...
As the game went on the familiar feeling returned and the match went 2 penalties....again NO home win :( ......
Wilson got his hands to 4 penalties but cudnt prevent the goals :( ....
after this he spured his shot wide, using little effort :x
the match was over..........
PS...
Enjoyed chanting behind the goal...lost my voice :)
LITTLE OUT!!! :evil:

M

mikeo32

Chanting behind the goal was the best part about the game i think, good laugh!!!

A

AndyRoo16

mikeo32 said:
Chanting behind the goal was the best part about the game i think, good laugh!!!

Banana, tomato!!! :lol:
i agree :lol:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
so pissed off, wilsons fault. poor efforts to save the pennos porr penno for himself.

we were held at home by carlisle, fuck off little!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Diabolical. Steve Davies surprised me by winning a lot in the air against big centrebacks, I'd thought him too slight in the upper body, but he clearly wasn't lacking in commitment or speed of thought, he was the one bright spark in the game for me.

Little subbing off Aiston, again our most creative player going forward, was purely and simply a f**k up. Again. Brown should have come on at half time, not for the last bit, and it should have been for Tremarco who had been having a poor game, NOT for Aiston.

Sharps distributed well with his head, mostly unchallenged, but his passing with his feet was consistent, consistently BAD.

Surprised by the penalties from Sharps, Harrisson and Whitmore, I expected them to stuff up and none of those three did.

I HATE I HATE I HATE the "Easy, Easy, Easy" chant - THAT GAME was FAR from easy!!!

On the plus side the little kiddies were down the far end of the Borough Road stand doing it at 0-0, so it was possible to ignore it during the match, as was their 'calm down, calm down' scouser behaviour. Annoyingly the "easy, easy, easy" hand claps re-appeared in the Kop during the penalty shoot-out, a shoot-out which was equal parts exciting and horrible.

Wilson had a total stinker during the match, the only reason we didn't leak like a bucket full of holes was the fact that Carlisle were awful too. Don't get me started on hoofing the ball into the back of his own player, the kind of 'clearance' that almost gifted them a goal. And during the shoot-out his inability to read a ball in flight made us suffer all the more. He should have saved AT LEAST two of their tamest efforts. And then taking a penalty as though he'd never seen a football before, let alone kicked one.

Full marks to the group of lads behind the goal who kept singing and supporting even at this darkest of times for the club.

DixieDean

isn't that 3 league 2 sides we've failed to dominate this season? can't be a good sign at all i'm afraid...

EI EI EI O, down the football league we go....
will we stop. no one knows, down the football league we go....

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
smilingmart said:
He is a real handful and league 1's peter crouch.

What :?: Lanky and can't score :?: Doesn't sound too promising to me :shock:

Just kidding BTW :wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Little subbing off Aiston, again our most creative player going forward, was purely and simply a f**k up. Again.
The only explanation I can think off is that Aiston can't last 90 minutes. Poor, but it's the only one I can think of :shock:

Also, it was great to see Brown given a game, ableit only for 10 minutes. :roll:

M

mikeo32

The youth side of the team last night played well last night. Davies, Tremarco and Brown played there socks of last night, some chances from Davies and Tremarco also. Good expirience for them lads to be involved in a shootout as well.

M

Matthew The Rover

Carlisle looked a well organised side, so lets take nothing away from them, they made the game hard for us.

However, I felt we were very very slow on the ball and we failed to take our chances, again.

Passing was very poor again. Linwood, Jackson, Sharps and Harrison all decided to play a game of "hoof" for 120 minutes niether Davies nor Facey were winning many headers atall.

Thought Robbo was a bit better tonight with Tremarco infront of him, I'd like to see it again and I thought Danny Harrison had a good game by his standards, but his passing was not good enough.

Sam Aiston was brilliant again, but after 35-40 minutes he was knacked so perhaps a few more 60 minute appearences are needed. He was dangerous though, some abitious shooting which is welcome and some good runs down the wing and across the park. He didn't seem to know where he was going half the time which was probably a good thing because that meant the defenders didn't know where he was going either! However, I felt he often passed too late.

Was really happy Paul Brown (and Theo) got on and Brown looked really lively when he got on and Theo, had he not missed a good chance in extra-time would have played well too.

Would have liked Roberts and Facey to be rested, maybe have Brown and Joe Fowler starting.

Thought Wilson had a good game in goal too, and was unlucky not to save a few of the penalties. But lets face it, if anybody missed a penalty, it had to be him didn't it?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
But lets face it, if anybody missed a penalty, it had to be him didn't it?
That was one of the most god awful penalties I've ever seen! :lol: :cry: