• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 4 - 1 Yeovil

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I believe Brian has no sense for when a player is on the boil, and when they're frozen solid in terms of form.

He's persisting with Jackson who is in a serious rut, just as he did with McAteer during his bad patch last season. In stark contrast, in his first season here, Brian played Linwood quite a bit at centre-back and Paul looked composed and not a bit out of his depth. Two seasons on of intermittent appearances and Paul's just not in the same vein of form. Likewise with another Paul, Paul Brown who was in unstoppable form for the reserves and made a few first team appearances last season, only to see Brian dry those up quick smart and not offer him a contract - and now of course he isn't in that same form. Ditto Tyrone Loran. It's painful to see clearly talented, able players who are young and have excellent prospects if given a chance, turned into half-arsed wage-drainers because, I feel, of shocking mis-management by Brian.

And I've not mentioned Paul Hall yet..