• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 3-1 Millwall

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
GET IN THERE!!! Millwall started brighter and McCready had to clear off the line early on but after the 1st 15 mins Rovers took control. Taylor had a goal disallowed after a late linesmans flag! Although seconds later Taylor had scored after neat play by Greenacre. Three minutes later we got a second when McCready turned in the rebound after a header had been saved from Shuker's corner. We kept pressurising but then lost some momentum just before half time and a neat move by them saw Hackett pull one back. They took control until Half time but we got in 2-1 up.

Second half we sounded in control mostly although a number of fouls on Greenacre and Taylor went unpunished! Ward had to tip one over but that was the closest they game to a goal. Tremarco came on for Davies just to tighten things up and Taylor and Mullin both missed good chances. Shuker sounded good down the right and he got the 3rd and final goal with a minute to go taking advantage of a defensive slip and firing home. Made up with the win... puts pressure on the rest tomorrow and puts us up to 4th. Looking forward to the cup a week on Saturday now! SWA!! SWA!!!

Player
Morrisey
YEAH!!!! Nice to see Taylor is on the score sheet and lets hope that shuker can build on this performance. 3-1 is a good result and they were turning a corner before today.

S

slawlane

Just got back from a bitterly cold night at rovers but fun nevertheless, 3-1 a well deserved scoreline.

It was especially nice to see all 3 individuals on the scoreline, Taylor, McCready and Shuker. motm for me was Shuker, started off quite poorly losing the balls easily but eventually got his head straight, got stook in and looked as if he's a player with his heart in the club chasing most loose balls and leading the opposition into reckless tackles plus ended his day with a well deserved goal.

Goodison once again solid in defence, made a superb sliding tackle to prevent a one on one opportunity. Gavid Ward was the biggest suprise for me tonight, he was very hestitant at catching the high balls and scuffed 3 of them, he never really shouted at his defence which created some confusion on occasions; however he did pull off an impressive save late on to prevent the equaliser.

We didnt have much if any possession in their half during the last 15-10 minutes, i think if tonight was played against a more determined side we could have easily drawn or lost. 3 points however and thats all that matters, 3rd place isnt it?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An odd game this, with the final score a little flattering to us.

For the 1st 10 minutes, mostly Millwall, ball cleared off our line, though there seemed to be a foul in the build-up anyway. Then Taylor had the ball in the net, but offside. Can't say had a decent view of the incident, but the liner's flag up well before the ball hit the net. 2 Rovers goals in quick succession, 1st Taylor move started by Shuker, then McCready from a parry by the keeper. At this stage, Millwall subbed 2 players, one their no 30 who was a striker seemed to be doing ok. However they got back in the game with a goal which was well-taken, but there were a couple of missed tackles by Rovers in the build-up.

2nd half, Rovers were very nervy, kept giving the ball away and Millwall had the bulk of the possession. weren't helped by a ref, who ignored a number of fouls against the lads in white. Taylor had a good chance blocked by the keeper, before Chris Shuker calmed our nerves with the 3rd late on.

Agree with slawlane, that Ward was flapping a lot tonight and this edginess conveyed itself to the rest of the team. There was a lack of link up play, at times we defended too deep and players got in each others way. Goodison, Mullin and at times Shuker played well, but thought this was the best Taylor has played since coming back from injury and I'd make him my MoM.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
thought ward did well in the first half to come off without an injury. both scrambles had reckless players with high feet and it was probably this that made him edgy. we weathered the stormm in the first 15 minutes and kept them at bay and then the fun really began. didn't really see the offside for the goal but definately saw Taylors real goal. looks like shukes is starting to do what ronnie asked and whipping them in now. second was a bit of a goal mouth scramble, but we always seem to score them at the kop end for some reason. marking was a bit lax for their goal but there was nothing ward could have done. second half we were a bit off the boil but we did'nt concede and thats a good sign. goodison was really commanding and got his ownback numerous times on the guy that stamped on his head and got away with it. sherriff had one of his best games for us and stopped hackett causing damage in the second half. shukes goal was well deserved in the end and you could see what it meant to him.
on a final thought, what was wrong with les last night? he was wearing a jumper and long pants. is he ill?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Yup that was the oddest thing I've seen in ages. Les Parry wearing long pants.

Was a good game for Chris Shuker. Turned that little left back of theirs inside-out for us for the first half hour and kept us on the front foot. When they made a tactical change to bring on a bruiser to kick lumps out of Shukes, we just switched play to the left side and Davies kept the pressure on for us. The balls into the box were the best we've seen in ages, behind the defenders but in front of the keeper, just begging to be put away and we actually had people getting onto the end of them. Quality. If that was what Ronnie was asking them to do and they did it then hats off to Ronnie for some spot-on management.

After the cheers for the goals, I think the next biggest cheer of the night was for the referee when he finally gave us ONE free kick. What a wally, but they all seem to be this year. And every dreadful decision he made caused our nerves to jangle, even at 2-0 up. The positive thing as far as I'm concerned is that most of our players tried to keep playing on the front foot and to be forward looking; Thompson in particular did well in that regard.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There were mumblings after the game that the referee was biased in our favour! Hmm..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
There were mumblings after the game that the referee was biased in our favour! Hmm..

Did you bump into Stevie Wonder after the game then mate? OMG, worst ref so far this season, and theres loads of contenders!

Could not believe Les was wearing pants and a jumper - must be something wrong with him (and not just the normal!).

Thought we played well and thoroughly deserved the victory, 3 good goals (well the 2nd was a bit scrappy but a great corner by Shukes) and good to see Taylor get on the scoresheet for the first time at PP, he had a good game and I believe is really becoming a key player for us. MOTM Shukes but the whole team did really well.

J

JimSteelesJockStrap

Millwall Scumbags

Never really been one to slag off other supporters but the way some of Millwalls fans behaved on friday night was a disgrace. Not saying that all of our supporters are angels but most of their supporters seem psychotic. To be honest what happened before the game took the shine off the night for me.[-X

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
what happened? i must of missed it?

B

Banana Army

Never really been one to slag off other supporters but the way some of Millwalls fans behaved on friday night was a disgrace. Not saying that all of our supporters are angels but most of their supporters seem psychotic. To be honest what happened before the game took the shine off the night for me.[-X

What Millwall supporters mis-behaving....... surely not. You must have been
mistaken

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
As I understand it they do have some "fans" that simply cannot attend home games as they're just too well known. So they travel to the away games instead. If our clubs talk to one another and our stewards do their jobs then these guys shouldn't get in our games either.

But perhaps you're talking about something that you've seen away from the ground? Must admit I've not heard anything and I do read the papers.

J

JimSteelesJockStrap

There was about 20-30 Millwall leaving the Mersey Clipper some of whom had been talking to the various Rovers supporters in there. One the Rovers fans Says see you lads enjoy the game, then all fckin hell was let loose there was people hit pint glasses and tables thrown, the scum bags were actually trying to bottle people and they were completely indiscriminate who they went for. AND THE PUB HAD TO GET CLOSED!
I dont know if anyone noticed when we scored the second goal a load of Millwall got up and left , they were the ones who caused all the trouble in the pub, so god knows were they went to after they left.

Player
Morrisey
They just bring themselves and other supporters down. they are always at the centre of some hooliganism enquiry. I dont give two hoots if they want to do that at there gaf but not on ours.