• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2-2 Liverpool XI

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I didnt go the game but watched the full 90 minutes on lfctv.
First half we looked fluid. The passing game was good and I thought midfield was our strongest area.

Defensively we were OK and maybe a little light up front.
Second half we became sloppy and lfc got into the game more.

Gerrard stepped up his game in the second half and scored a trademark goal. Think it was all a little pathetic that some of the crowd booed him.

I thought Abbey had a good game. He's got pace, can pass the ball around. He was caught out of position a few times but I've seen worse right backs.

Taylor and Edds did fine in the centre with Cresswell putting in a good display at left back.

Welsh and McLaren worked well in the middle. Mahon was a little quiet whilst Shuker had a good game, putting in some good crosses and getting past a few people.

I was impressed with Fraughan and Curran when they came on. Curran lost pace? Not that I could see..

Good workout and a decent game to watch.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I too only watched on the box I'm afraid, couldn't get to the game so settled for second best. A decent workout for the team and I thought we did ok without really looking great. The passing football is all well and good but sometimes you just have to clear your lines and we almost gifted them a goal or two by "over passing" or trying to knock it about in our own box.

The defence leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Cresswell didn't look that great, Abbey defensively isn't great from what I've seen although decent on the ball, Edds isn't a centre back and Ash Taylor can do well but then lacks experience to know the positional side of the game and was caught out a few times.

Midfield looks good and I'm confident in our attack too, and Daniels did well in goal as well, so all in all a good game. Pity, cos I went to Macclesfield (read my thoughts on that on that topic...).