• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2-1 Lincoln City

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thank god for that... We needed it and lets all remember that although we may not have been brilliant, at least we have won! Get in there. Rankine and Jennings with the goals.

B

Banana Army

About Fucking Time. Thats all im going to say on that 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, excellent! Little scrappy at times, but they did grind out the result. Good to see our midfield chipping in with goals too! They should do that more often.

Hopefully, this will set us up nicely for the game on Sat and put some confidence back into the side.

B

Banana Army

A rankine goal :shock: :shock: :shock: about as frequent as a makelele goal

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well... Rankine only scored because it took a massive deflection over the keeper, but a goal is a goal and i'm certainly not complaining. Jennings goal sounded very good... but I have been told by someone at the match that he is seriously worried about us and we just don't seem capable of putting in a reasonable performance. I hope that this result is us kick starting our season and not just a once in a blue moon win!!!

M

Matthew The Rover

Don't get too ahead of yourselves! Ranks goal would have been saved but it was deflected over the keeper, but Jennings finish was outstanding, very striker like.

Aiston played brilliantly. His movement and crossing was brilliant but there was never anybody on the end.
Sharps too had a good game, but none of the back four were outstanding because poor marking and backing off once again gave Lincoln the chance to have shots.
Achterberg was awful, worst ever game for Rovers. The goal went right through him, whilst Facey too was crap, put no effort in and Ranks and Jennings were not at their best.
Greenacre put the effort in but the end product was never their whilst Roberts looked good when the ball was at his feet, around 10 times in the game, if that.

Zola looked good when he came on though, so some bright points.

Man of the match - Aiston.

A less than convincing win. Not happy!

DixieDean

we looked very nervous tonight but came through with a win thanks to Man of the Match Steve Jennings. He deserved his goal and took it very well.
Thought we were lucky to go in front just a minute after Achterberg should have been sent off! From where I was it looked like he pulled their lad to the ground after totally messing up a back pass.

anyhow, onward and upward. Hopefully this will give us the lift we need.

M

Matthew The Rover

Yes Achto should have been sent off twice! On a death wish tonight! Though referee was very unfair on Lincoln to be fair, but Brian has found that luck he has said we haven't had since the end of August.

Quote of the night:

Tanoy man said:
This is an important annoucement. If there are any qualified referee's in the stadium, could they please make themselves known to the nearest steward? Thank you.

S

Seanyb

What, w-w--w-ww-w-w-w-w-w-e-e-e-e-e-e-ee Won!!!!!! I was starting to forget what that was like! Didn't go myself but I was happy with the result even though people have said it was a scrappy game.

R

rockferrywhites

tranmere v lincoln city

at the moment a win was the most important thing not the perfomance. very happy that we finnaly got a win :D also they should at lest got a penalty or two and i agree achto should have walked it was a cynical challenge.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
WE WON!!!! THATS ENOUGH FOR ME!

Oh yer and Ranks scored for the first time in 6 years! Jenno got on the score sheet so thatll build his confidence up and he got man of the match.

good performace considering it was LDV.

Credit to Lincoln there a good team.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

We won and we scored TWO goals not ONE or NONE. The thing that worried me is that two midfielders scored and no strickers scored but really happy we won it might boost are confidence hopefully.

Colchester at the weekend hopefully 3 points fingers crossed

C

ChiefRich

Couple of points:

+ Surely nothing for a team's confidence like playing shite and winning. Surely they can think, "what if we play well?"

+ BBaB mentions midfielder confidence. Maybe the fact that they both scored will encourage them to get forward more, which as we all know is probably Tranmere's biggest tactical problem at the moment. This means they can link up with attack etc.

From sounds of it, still a long long way to go, but the win we needed has happened.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
At least its much more positive on here... was just scanning Rearguard and the amount of sh*t on their as ever is unbelieveable. The main thing is we won and if that gives us confidence to play better on Saturday then thats good. Obviously a win doesn't turn things around in an instant but its better than going out!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
rearguard expect us to win 4-0 every game, ignore them.

i am obviously made up that we won last night but it was far from convincing! marvin robinson missed an absolute sitter at 1-1 and it could of been a totally different story had the ref chose to send achto off(and he should of at least once)!

lincoln made it a tough game for us,but we looked ever so nervous!Jennings was by far the only player who could hold his head up high and say that he had a good game,the rest were just average!Aiston did alot of running but it was always down a dead end!Facey was absolutly woeful and thats being very kind to the guy!and why he wasn't substituted for steve davies i will never know!instead the gaffer takes off greenacre.

i no a wins a win but i wouldn't get carried away,cos' lincoln were unlucky and we were lucky.saturday will be much more of a test,against a bogie side in Colchester Utd!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer I think that lincoln are at a league one standard theyre a good side.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Facey was absolutly woeful and thats being very kind to the guy!
ahem... is anyone having second thoughts about facey? :shock:

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Facey was absolutly woeful and thats being very kind to the guy!
ahem... is anyone having second thoughts about facey? :shock:

I still don't like him. The only thing he does is win headers.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think he played well v southend, i had high hopes for him, but he playsvery boring footbal lately, he doesnt take his chances and does'nt use his full potretial.