• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2-1 Leeds

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We came back from a goal down to beat Leeds. Kay and Moore with our goals. Excellent win. Made up here. We did sound like we made hard work of it but even so who cares. Moore's sounded a peach. Only downside was i had a bet on 2-1 and Kay 1st scorer but never mind. I'll leave it to anyone who went the game to add the details as i'm almost to excited to type!!! :lol:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One of those games where the result outweighed the performance. 1st half Leeds looked like scoring every time they went forward. Rovers danger only came from set pieces, Kay heading the equaliser from one of those. Ian Moore got a brilliant goal early in the 2nd. Leeds had the ball in the net, disallowed for pushing(?) and Rovers hung on for the win. Played better 2nd half, but needed to keep hold of the ball and test their wobbly defence more. Still, a win's a win.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I backed us @ 2/1, and also laid City @ Craven Cottage so all in all a good day...

****ing delighted we won the game. Really enjoyed it, very tense. Not much to offer in the way of analysis I don't think, Although one thing i noticed was that Jennings was doing a better job of pushing forward to support Savage, particulaly in the 1st half. This is a very positive step forward, although too often Bas was still left isolated as we sat back a little too deep at times in the second half. On the whole, though, I think we put in a good performance, perhaps the most impressive element of which was with regards to our discipline, playing against a really horrible side characterised by ill-discipline and an overly aggressive attitude. The fact they spent most of the match arguing with each other - even shouting at their captain - ran paralell with the level of respect that they showed to the officials and our lads. Prutton and Snodgrass showed less class than one might expect from a prositute. Leeds played the ball around impressivley but were shakey at the back, and we capitalised on their weakness. Moore's goal was a beauty.

Particular credit to Savage and Goodison, who both had excellent games at each end of the pitch. Kay's performance was also a step in the right direction, he won more headers over the course of the game than either Chorley or Goodison.

and can I get a LOL @ Andy "Roberto Carlos" Taylor and his silky skills inside our 6 yard box.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
and can I get a LOL @ Andy "Roberto Carlos" Taylor and his silky skills inside our 6 yard box.
really, what was he thinking? glad goodison was there to help him out! yeah, goodison had a superb game at the back, as per usual, and savage was equally impressive up front alone. his work rate was typically high.

great goal from moore, he certainly does pick them against leeds. wish he'd do that more often. he's capable of it.

in regards to leeds being overly aggressive. no surprise there, they've always played this way, but this is where i thought the officials had a really good game today. they stamped down on leeds' dirty tactics early on and it certainly showed. i dont usually mention the officials but credit to them today, they did a really good job and made good decisions =D>

i was initially disappointed to see savage playing the lone striker role from the start and surprised to see jennings playing quite far up the field supporting him. still, we came from a goal down to win so cant complain to much.

i felt we sat back a bit too much in the second half really. maybe for the last 5-10 mins would have been fine but for 30 mins! #-ojust inviting leeds to come and have a go, but the defending was solid, so credit to the lads.

didnt see much of john johnson, but he didn't seem to put a foot wrong which is a good thing. and finally, the attendance was a much healthier 8700. it gave the game an added edge with a some atmosphere.

well done to the lads today, great win and getting closer to the top six again! =D>

Player
Goodison
An excellent performance and a throughly deserved win, it's nice to see Gary McAllister didnt try and claim there disallowed goal was a goal which makes a change from the usual.

I thought Goodison was abosultely immense today he just kept appearing out of nowhere and blocking everything as mentioned above he saved Taylor's skin as well. Savage also played very good and did well to relieve the pressure on the back line. Sonko and Kay also stood out from the rest of the team and Moore's goal was brilliant.

Snodgrass (23) for them should have been sent off he got a way with countless challenges that warrented at least a yellow card.

I hope a few of the extra 1500/2000 home fans come back more frequently as you can see the difference it makes to the team.

Man of the match: Goodison

Player
Liam Palmer
I just don't care about anything else -we beat Leeds - probably our best result in five years. Just hope it's the springboard to better times......

Player
Johnny Morrissey
A very good win, and performance by the lads. Maybe not the beautiful flowing football we'd like to enjoy ala Arsenal, but 100% commitment, hard work and effort, and a great will to win this game.

After conceding the goal, it was vital we got back quickly, otherwise I think we would have lost the game. Thankfully their defending by defnder and keeper gifted Kay the goal and I thought we'd go on to win from then on in.

Moore's strike was fantastic, he hit it so cleanly it was a wonderful goal. He still has a great deal of talent ot offer, just wish he would show it more often, even off the flanks he can cut inside and/or get in the box and get more goals than he has been this season so far.

Special mentions to Ben Chorley, Ian Goodison, and John Johnson. The back four were immense, Chorley isn't the greatest admittedly but he was suprb on Saturday headed everything away, and Goodi as usual was excellent. Johnson had a good steady debut and got forward well and looks a decent replacement for Shotts.

Happy day to be a member of the Super White Army, E I E I E I O...up the football league we go....=D>