• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2 - 0 Milwall - It's still on!

Tom

BRILLIANT result today, think the penalty was very lucky that we got it at that time then Robinsons goal was a brilliant solo effort great way for him to sign off from Prenton Park (any chance of us signing him next season...?)

Anyway it's still on, if we beat Stockport I can see us staying up. Massive game but what a result today was!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Penalty wasn't lucky, it was blatent.

Robbo's goal was the best I've seen at PP for quite a while, better than Shotton's last year; swerving in two directions then dipping into the top corner, unreal. Fantastic performance from literally everyone and it would be unfair to single people out for praise. Results weren't ideal but could have been worse and next weekend is a 3 way battle.

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

I really wish Hartlepool had beaten Exeter or Southampton equalised BUT we are in a decent situation. Unfortunately not in our hands but to open things up we need EITHER Gills to lose at Wycombe (not impossible) or more realisitically I feel Exeter to fail to beat Hudderfield at home. In fact if Exeter lose to Hudds at home we would actually only need a draw.

Hudderfield are a good side on 80 pts and have been scoring for fun lately. They still have a (outside) chance of automatic promotion so they will play their best team..... hopefully they win.

Stockport are pretty weak with the current team we have been picking really should be able to beat them.

Fingers crossed but it would be a shocker if Exeter won and Gills got a draw or win which would mean we are relegated no matter what. I am sure that won't happen.

Also need to see how many points Hartlepool lose (for ineligible player)!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
You have also got to add Hartlepool into the mix though Foz, as they are still likely to have three points deducted which would put them one ahead of us.

They would then need to win at Brentford if we beat Stockport, which potentially gives us our best chance of staying up. The Football League's decision could prove rather significant !

What a magnificent performance today. With twenty five minutes to go Millwall had all but given up, which is a measure of how hard we worked and how well we played.

Well done lads !

O

OneNightInGayParis

A fine performance all round today capped by Robinson's stunner. The determination throughout the team was immense and makes it hard to believe how we have ended up in this precarious position. Other results today have been pretty cruel so our fate remains out of our own hands.

I also think the support today was excellent and any fears of it seeming like an away fixture were soon banished. A pat on the back to all of us!=D>

Worst case scenario is that results go our way next week and we fail to deliver at Stockport. Please ... anything but that!

Well done Les and the lads.=D>

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

Thats alright mate. Do you think they will get the three points deducted? That would be massive. With 3 teams to 'catch' lielihood would be one of them would mess up.

How likely is this 3 point deduction then?

Player
Manager
John King
According to Derek Jones on Radio Merseyside a three point deduction is a standard penalty for fielding an ineligible player, so I suppose it all depends on whether they can plead extenuating circumstances. The hearings are on the 4th and 5th apparently.

Just on a slight negative, nice to see that Southampton played a weakened team at Gillingham today. Pardew says this was one-off experiment and they will play a full strength side again next week. Thanks mate !

O

OneNightInGayParis

Just on a slight negative, nice to see that Southampton played a weakened team at Gillingham today. Pardew says this was one-off experiment and they will play a full strength side again next week. Thanks mate !

Not really into conspiracy theories but I suspect PP is not Southampton's favourite away venue and they would be glad to be shut of the fixture ...:?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Great performance today, we left our blood (as Jose Mourinho might say) on the pitch today, everybody gave it their all and we thoroughly deserved the victory. It could quite easily have been by more too, with Robbo, Labadie and Bas all having decent efforts well saved by their keeper.

Great play by ITM for the penalty. I couldn't watch but glad he buried it. I've seen it again on TV and how cool is he? Quality. Then the second, brilliant goal. My dad called Robbo useless shortly before he picked the ball up, so you just knew it was going into the back of the net. Superb goal.

Match report will be written and up on the home page shortly, once I've recovered enough to put the words together!=D>

Player
Goodison
Next week as a 4 way battle as Hartlepool will be deducted 3 points on Tuesday. Brilliant result, everyone was excellent although special praise for Broomes at the back who didn't put a foot wrong.

De de,
De der de de de,
De de de der de de de,
Rovers!
De de,
De der de de de,
De de de der de de de,
Rovers!

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

All you lads seem pretty confident Pool will lose the three points... Will be massive if they do!!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hartlepool must get deducted three points this week or what is to stop every team doing the same thing, does anybody know what they are claiming in defence?

A fantastic effort from everyone of them today a great effort and what a goal from robinson, was really hard to name a mom but for me i think John Welsh just shaded it.

Ive got my ticket for Stockport, its going to be some day whay price Anthony Kay geting the winner at Exeter to send them down and keep us up?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So much for my predicting skills, though I did get Gillingham right.

Was worried with the first half showing, we seemed to get pressed back all the time and struggled to keep possession. However Millwall didn't seem to have brought their shooting boots with them and Goodi and Broomes were imperious at the back. Great work by ITM to get and score the penalty, thought the yellow card was harsh as he didn't leave the field of play or take his shirt off. It was a turning point, our first effort on target.

Second half Rovers were much much better, great goal from Robbo and another decent effort soon after made up for some of his earlier set pieces not coming off. I think Les was right to take him off as he wasn't shirking any challenges and already on a yellow after kicking the ball into the Kop.

Can't really single out any player, they were all heros today. Highest league crowd at PP this season too. Did wonder about the bench if things had gone wrong, only one striker in Curran, with no place for Gornell or Bain?

Finally, until Hartlepool definitely have points deducted, we shouldn't even be thinking about them. We must win at Stockport and hope that either Gillingham lose or Exeter don't win.

Player
steve coppell
I'm looking forward to seeing the Millwall-supporting security guard on tuesday...Any good banter with the Millwall fans to remind him of from the match? Especially when it was 2-0 or 1-0....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant effort from the lads, just what was needed. All of them played superbly and put in the effort. Just shows what can be achieved with a bit of effort.

I queued for an hour after the game to get a Stockport ticket. Hope it's worth it!

Hartlepool decision should be this week. Their excuse being that they didn't know he was ineligible?!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They dhould be deducted the three points which will make things ever more interesting, that is a poor effot for an excuse they didnt know he was banned yeah rite pull the other one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, they said in the game where he was booked, the ref hadn't written down the name of the player and it was all a bit unclear and they were only told on Tues about the suspension. Blah blah.. They can act dumb but I don't think it will wash with the FA.

Player
Manager
John King
Their excuse was that as the booking was picked up on a Bank Holiday weekend, noone from the Football League contacted them to tell them the number of bookings the player had received and that he was suspended for the next game. So apparently nobody at Hartleppol United can count without the Football league's assistance !

Still would not put it past the FA and League to bottle this decision though.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Still would not put it past the FA and League to bottle this decision though.

The length of time taken suggests that some bottling has already gone on. Not sure how often this committee sits but a cynical view would be that they have been waiting to see if Hartlepool were "safe" before deciding. I don't think anything is 100% with the football authorities. I see Gus Poyet is suggesting that the points should be given to Brighton, which seems to make sense. Personally, I would give the points from the match to Brighton AND dock 3 points, thereby taking 6 from Hartlepool. Otherwise, the fact that they won with an ineligible player would leave them in a better position than if they had lost with the ineligible player - if you see what I mean ...