• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2 - 0 Bristol Rovers

Player
steve coppell
Yes, another really pleasing result and great to bounce back after Southampton. Les and the players are showing the real fight that's needed to get out of the mire. If we could overtake our 'played' by the number of points we total, then there would be a real sense the club can get free of the bottom four places. Picking up points from the rest of December and early-mid January is so vital to keep our momentum going ...Stockport look like they've given up the ghost already...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Like Les said earlier this week, if we can look after our home games, we should be OK for staying up.

Another gritty, determined display and I haven't got any real complaints about the performance. We were the better team, we deserved to win by more than two.

It's really great to see them fighting and to see effort. All XI players gave it, and it makes going to Prenton Park even more enjoyable. Even though it was cold, it was a pleasing performance.

The defence were solid, midfield as well, and the forward line never gave up chasing balls and there was some neat football played which got us into some excellent forward positions.

I got a little frustrated with the finishing at times in the second half, we really could have had a hatful, but Curran's strike was quality and we were never in that much danger.

Well played lads and well done to Les and the team for earning their positions until the end of the season. They really have done a magnificent job so far.. =D>

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would say a thoroughly deserved thre points and could have been by a bigger margin and bristol could not have compained.
I would disgree with you Ian on the point that it will be just be our home form that keeps us up, there will be some games whether it be southampton leeds norwich or whoever when we wont win at home so to me it is vital we pick up points away as well starting at oldham.
If we can pick up the odd win or two or whatever away it takes the pressure of the home form and i think that will make the difference on whever we stay up or not.

Anyway heres to hopefully a brighter future and well done to all those who withstood the not to nice weather

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds like a good showing from the team and Craig Curran seems to have re-discovered his scoring boots. How did McLaren play?

Tom

Went today haven't been able to go since Swindon game and wow I was impressed. First half we were by far the better team then second half although early on we seemed to step off the pace a bit after the second goal they didn't create too much and we should and could have had 3 or 4

Thought the whole defense performed very well, Gornell looked solid Curran worked very hard and took his goal well... yeah, incredible improvement on last time I went to see them (as I said the Swindon game) looked like a different outfit.

As for McLaren he waws solid to me don't remember him doing too much of note but don't think he made any mistakes either...

Overall a great result great performance for most of the game and a well deserved 3 points. Playing like this survival should be achieved with ease

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
How did McLaren play?

Not very well, but he wasn't atrocious. Started nervously but settled into it a bit without actually doing much.

Agree with what everyone else has said. I'd also add that Goodison looks a lot more comfortable alongside Taylor, both of whom played very well at the back today. Curran was very good, and I thought Welsh did quite well too.

They were slaughtering us at the start of the second half and I was worried we'd concede - as it happened they hit the bar, then we went up the other end and scored. A game of fine margins indeed.

A very good performance and an enjoyable game, despite the cold. I'd also like to add that I thought the ref was brilliant today...some Sikh guy, I've never seen him before. Would happily have him referee our games every week.

DIW

Player
Goodison
A very good performance and an enjoyable game, despite the cold. I'd also like to add that I thought the ref was brilliant today...some Sikh guy, I've never seen him before. Would happily have him referee our games every week.

The ref did do well, although his decision not to penalise their goalkeeper for blatantly handling a back pass (twice!) was a shocking decision.

Good performance right across the team, excellent goal from Curran, even better now I've seen how much it curled on the TV. Thought Logan had a very good game in particular.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Good point you make on the ref, he was very good, even admitted he made a mistake when he gave them a free kick then realised - hold on it was the other way - held his hand up and apologised and the game continued. Fair play to him, he was by far the best ref i've seen for many a year and FAIR too, i'm not just saying it cos he gave us 50-50 decisions cos he was fair to both teams.

McAteer was on the telly moaning again about how hard it was for him and Barnes. No money blah blah blah. Well Les has got it the same and is producing far better displays and results from the same team. Admit it Jason, you're crap!

Curran's goal looks even better on the telly, cracking strike. Worth playing over and over again on the beeb website!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Curran's goal looks even better on the telly, cracking strike. Worth playing over and over again on the beeb website!

Agreed. While the build up is a bit scruffy, the curling finish is an absolute peach, which wouldn't look out of place coming from a Prem striker.