• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Tranmere (1) v Colchester (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Colchester

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tranmere (1) v Colchester (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, April 1, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 1, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Probably best to move on quickly from the disappointing Bradford performance as Rovers play host to Colchester on bank holiday Monday. I'd expect a little more rotation as Adkins appears to be experimenting with different player combos now Rovers don't have much to play for in the remaining five games. Walker is still out but hopefully Turnbull returns to the side after a brief illness.

Colchester are fighting for their lives down at the bottom of the table. Currently 3rd from bottom and will be desperate to climb away from the bottom two. FGR looked doomed again after three consecutive defeats so the last relegation place will go to either Sutton, Colchester or Grimsby with only three points seperating the teams. The U's haven't lost for three games and come to Prenton Park off the back of an excellent 2-1 win against Newport. I think we'll be too strong for Colchester but it's a potential banana skin.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No idea how this one will go. We have zero to play for and Colchester are fighting to stay up, got a good win yesterday and have capable management in the Cowley’s. Since they took over they haven’t won many but have been hard to beat.

I’d rest Norris and whilst I want a strong side out, some rotation may make sense. Personally I’d start Hawkes on the left and give Dennis a game. Put Merrie in midfield

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sorry chaps, I’ve voted away win. Colchester have something to play for, we haven’t. They are in reasonable form, we are inconsistent. We have a few key players out. I think most players know their fate so no one is fighting for a new contract. But I hope I’m wrong and pleasantly surprised.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I've gone for the home win, although missing this match. Not with much conviction, though. In a league of fine margins the extra % generated by having something to play for could well prove the difference.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's a difficult game and the Cowleys seem to like visiting Prenton Park, having won here with Braintree and Lincoln. Colchester seem to have a lot of big lads in their line-up and we'll need to put out a physically strong side. The Newport goal in their 2-1 defeat to the Us came from a ball over the top, the kind of thing Luke Norris can convert from. He should have been given some rest yesterday but we'll be needing him Monday. Assuming Turnbull is over his illness, it wouldn't surprise me to see a reprise of his left-back role given Wood's continued absence and the struggles of the makeshift left-backs. I think Colchester will pose more of a threat down their right than Bradford did. Might also see the return of McAlear and/or Lewis because of their height and in Reece's case physicality.
One other negative, the referee. I wasn't at the Salford game, but a number of regulars on here were critical of Scott Tallis' officiating that day. Well he's back.

Reactions: Ian
Any team of Cowley’s, and especially one fighting for their lives, will be no pushover. And any team with a soft centre, like us, will have problems with them.

We should still have the quality to win, but I reckon it’ll be a disappointing draw. Mind you, if that point ends up relegating FGR come the end of the season I’m sure I‘ll cope!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With them having all too play for I think they will win 2 1.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Hi all from the sunny Cyprus its only been fkn cold for the last few days not at all happy no sun jist bloody rain and 12 degrees. Oh sorry was dreaming of being back home 30 degrees for the last 4 days a beautiful place to be. God guys hope that shower of dodo turn up and play for you today not happy with friday but this is Tranmere and it will never change

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pike and Yarney both drop out for the squad as Turnbull and James Norris start. Saunders dropped so CJ will play further forward and McAlear alongside Hendry.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Should be interesting. Hoping J. Norris has a good game defensively. Good to see Davies and Turnbull back as a pair. I think the battle in midfield will be interesting. If we can control the middle, we should be able to cause them problems.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Once again I’m scratching my head at selection a bit.

Luke Norris looked like he needed a rest on Monday so why not give Taylor a game alongside Connor or even Dennis.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
James Norris will get more protection with Morris in front of him, but Colchester still look dangerous down that side. Wonder if Yarney has picked up a knock, as not on the bench. A bit disappointed Saunders doesn't start as bigger opponents can struggle against someone who's small and quick.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Colchester have decent attacking players in harry Anderson plus hopper and mcgeehan.

Grimsby currently winning against that really out of form side Bradford with 5 minutes to go

ADD

Player
Norwood
James Norris will get more protection with Morris in front of him, but Colchester still look dangerous down that side. Wonder if Yarney has picked up a knock, as not on the bench. A bit disappointed Saunders doesn't start as bigger opponents can struggle against someone who's small and quick.
Suspect the "illness/ (Covid?)" being mentioned Turnbull had might be affecting other players. Robson is sub GK rather than Joe also I noted which suggests he is also ill?

Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Morris puts us ahead only for them to equalise a minute later

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Both decent goals though could argue we left them too much space for the equaliser.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’re playing well but need to be more clinical. Created several half decent chances but been a bit wasteful

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Level at the break, been on top for most of the half but haven't taken our chances, they nearly took the lead close to half time but good keeping kept them out.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
That double save was the first time they had possession in our box. The value of Norris is to be seen, the 20 keeps him in sight and leaves Morris to step inside for his header. Should be home and hosed by now. Apter will cause a red

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Suspect the "illness/ (Covid?)" being mentioned Turnbull had might be affecting other players. Robson is sub GK rather than Joe also I noted which suggests he is also ill?
Joe sat on bench