• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1-4 Swindle

DIW

Player
Goodison
I was with my mate and his 9 year old lad came up with a great solution.

Get Kaka and Adriano.

Have to say he might be right. :wink:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I can't blame Martin for any of the goals and to me he looks solid!

Where were you for the first goal???

The only reason Martin is still playing is because the terms of his loan contract dictate that he must start every match that he's fit to play in. The sooner we get Daniels back the better - not because Martin is inadequate, but because the defence is bad enough without us chopping and changing keepers all the time.

The Brazilian Michael Ricketts :)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah I liked David Martin before the game on Saturday. He looked incredibly shaky against Swindon. There was a lack of communication with the back four, but then you get that with Daniels as well I think. It all needs organising, and someone to tell the goalkeeper, "COMMAND the penalty area as if you own the place." Let him come for crosses, shout at the defence if they're not closing down etc etc.

I have to concede to SonkOrly. The league is that bad I can see us staying up! The team we have has players of a level above what they are currently showing. We just need organisation, commitment and leadership to bring about the consistency which will see us picking up points.

The new manager has to bring those features into the team. To begin with, and I'm no big fan of this, but play a defensive minded team and scrap it out and get a few points of the board. Team I had in mind:

Daniels or Martin
Edds/Goodison/Broomes (ideally like a quicker player)/Cresswell
Logan/Welsh/McLaren/Ash Taylor/Bakayogo
Moore or Ricketts