• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1 - 2 MK Dons

M

Matthew The Rover

It is not Little's job to get the players adrenalin running. He is there to pick the team and tactics. It appears whatever he does, often to his credit they are pretty good tactics, the players will not respond and are far too often not putting in the performance. The passion should simply come from pulling on the white shirt with your name and number on its back and with (I wish) 6000 home supporters shouting and chanting all game.

Matthew The Rover said:
It is not Little's job to get the players adrenalin running. He is there to pick the team and tactics. It appears whatever he does, often to his credit they are pretty good tactics, the players will not respond and are far too often not putting in the performance. The passion should simply come from pulling on the white shirt with your name and number on its back and with (I wish) 6000 home supporters shouting and chanting all game.

of course it's little's job to get players motivated and wound up! look at what stuart pearce has done with man city! he has got joey barton's head together and he has got andy cole chasing down every ball and lost cause! you wouldn't see facey doing that! look at sam allardyce at BW,he's now bein touted for the england job! all good managers arn't just motivators but i believe it helps,especially at a club like ours.bring back johnny aldridge i'd say!or someone of his stature :!:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The players aren't BAD players. The manager is a bad manager. Simple as.

Time and time again BL does the same thing and time and time again it works against us.

We go 1-0 up, instead of taking the mentality of let's go get another, or another two etc etc - every single time the mentality that Brian Little gives out and communicates to the players on the pitch is this - "let's hold back now, let's try to stop them equalising for as long as we can until they eventually do".

He does it with subs (only time he makes any), he does it with formation changes, he does it by telling players to sit deeper.

Drives me nuts. It's ASKING to lose.

AW2000 said we don't need tryers. I beg to differ. Having some players trying to win in the side, following the orders of a manager trying to win and perhaps we may win.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
The players aren't BAD players. The manager is a bad manager. Simple as.

Time and time again BL does the same thing and time and time again it works against us.

We go 1-0 up, instead of taking the mentality of let's go get another, or another two etc etc - every single time the mentality that Brian Little gives out and communicates to the players on the pitch is this - "let's hold back now, let's try to stop them equalising for as long as we can until they eventually do".

He does it with subs (only time he makes any), he does it with formation changes, he does it by telling players to sit deeper.

Drives me nuts. It's ASKING to lose.

AW2000 said we don't need tryers. I beg to differ. Having some players trying to win in the side, following the orders of a manager trying to win and perhaps we may win.

NBDH, you make a great point,but what i meant by we don't need tryers was basically all about sam aiston!he has no pace no ideas and no quality.all he does possess is that he tries.with a bit of quality in the side and a manager who can get them to do the donkey work(i.e. close people down and gettin' stuck in) i believe we will have the correct formula! and at the moment we have none of these :!:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

we got beat by a pub team! its time for little to step down.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
dont want macca to be manager though :lol:

dont joke mate, im having nightmares about this 8-[

Ian said:
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
dont want macca to be manager though :lol:

dont joke mate, im having nightmares about this 8-[

i've said all along that i want danny wilson to be our next manager if little goes and i still hold that dream,but i can only see one man gettin' the job and thats jason.i don't want him to become manager but i suppose he'd be determined to succeed!