• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1-1 Bradford

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounding like a good game in which both teams played well but we really needed the 3 points. I think we will look back on John Mullin's missed chance that could have given us all the points. Taylor for us on 9 mins and Schumacher for them on 34 mins.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Was a decent game but Rovers by no means played well. Conditions were tricky but Bradford were first to all 50-50 balls it seemed. I think Ronnie forgot to pin Colin Todd's post-match comments from the reverse fixture as the motivation and real passion to beat these was slightly missing I feel tonight. It's always when we have a game before the rest to go top or to make ground up and consolidate in the play off zone that we never win!

Mullin's chance was a sitter. He should have done better with a free header 3 yards out, it went straight to the keeper's hands. He knew it too with his expression afterwards. Taylor also had a couple of decent chances that were wasted but I have to say Zola wasted the best. A through ball to him when he just needed to lift the ball over the keeper, he didn't seem arsed to make a move for it and it went to the keeper.

Sorry to say it but Zola is a waste of space most of the time. Tonight he looked lazy, lacklustre and downright talentless to be brutally honest. The miskick summed it all up perfectly. A great chance to get a shot in and he completely missed the ball! His hold up play was ok but he provides zero goal threat and gives up the ghost far too easily for my liking.

Oh well, more points dropped at home. Means even more pressure on us picking up pts on the road. If only we were consistent, this league is wide open and I fear we could even miss out on the play offs if we keep dropping too many points.

Just a word on the atmosphere, I thought it was great. fair play to the lads in the Kop, they seemed really up for it and we got the crowd going for the majority of the game. Shame it couldn't lift the team to get that winning goal we all craved.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can't disagree with much said here. I thought the first half was a decent game. Yes, I was disappointed that we conceded, but was also pleased we had taken the lead and that the game had atmosphere and a purpose. Both teams looked hungry and lively.

However the second half was a completely different game. Really, it was a non-event. OK, both teams had chances, the best falling to Mullin as Coops has described, but it lacked the pace and general entertainment of the first half.

Our second half displays lately have been astonishing, and it seems like we aren't learning from the harsh lessons over the past few weeks.

For me, it was two points dropped. I'd like to think we should be beating teams at home, you come to expect it at home, and although Bradford can be dangerous at times with a good front line, their league position suggests they are only average in this league.

I'd like to pick up a few points seperately, which I won't harp on about here. One being Calvin Zola and the other being the points dropped over recent games. I'll post in another thread about these.

Yes, the atmosphere was good tonight. Fri night games almost guarantee this, and it's a shame like Coop's says that although the supporters were behind the whites, it's a shame they couldn't respond.

Would have been great to pick up three points tonight, as Saturday's games become that little more intense now. I think we'll slip down a few places because we couldn't capatalise and put ourselves into a position where there was a cushion between us and the teams below.

Does anyone knows what the fuss was about in the middle of the park when Goodison limped off injured at the end of the game? I think it was a case of handbags at the ready, but there were a few bookings and the incident looked a bit sour.

Tonight we stay 5th..

Player
Liam Palmer
The Goodison thing looked a bit ugly, received a tackle half way up his leg, but a bit fortunate not to get red as he caught the City player with a good hard slap in retaliation.

Agree Zola was a real disappointment. Hasn't taken his chance, so expect Greenacre and Taylor from now on.

A bit harsh on Mullin - 10 yard out, superb late run onto a decent cross, the keeper deserves the credit, although yes, most times you'd expect to score.

Taylor was unlucky with the header at the far post. I'm sure he will feel he should have hit the target but the cross came from a long way out and the wind took it.

2 more points dropped - and given how few games we have actually won in the last two months it's a miracle we are still relatively close to the top. But we do need to beat mid- and lower table teams..... especially at home.

Agree, the small-ish crowd did it's best - a vast improvemt on recent home games atmosphere-wise.

Now the point of my post. What HAS happened to the crowds at PP? The corresponding fixture last year saw almost 1000 more than Friday, while 2 years ago it was almost 2000 more (a Monday night against BCFC which was televised).

Strange that we can take 1000 to successive away games at HTFC and Forest, but fewer than 6 times that number turn up at home. We're not that bad/boring (unlike last season), we have a Rovers legend as manager - and we're in with a promotion shout. Prices haven't gone up (ok ?1). If 20 guys can come from Norway and handfuls from Germany and Scotland, where are the good folk of the Wirral when we need them?

Any thoughts........?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Decent game, not bad performances, both teams could have nicked it.
Still got to start picking up more wins if we want to go up feels liek were slipping further away.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I enjoyed watching the match, I enjoyed the atmosphere in the ground. There were so many games in the two seasons preceding this one, where neither of those were the case. Perhaps that is the reason why some of the fans just lost interest.

Most people, I guess, will happily pay money to watch football like in the first half. It was great fun to be there and to see a game like that. Yes the second half we should have really had something to celebrate, as their two centre-halves were run out and we failed to capitalise, but ultimately perhaps Bradford had enough character to hang on in there.

I do have slight concerns over some of our players' fitness levels but much more worryingly I have some concerns over their grit, drive and determination - the kind of things that drag a player that extra half a yard when they're physically shattered and still get them on the end of the cross, or to make that crucial tackle.