• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-2 Doncaster

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Disappointing final game of season. McAteer should have played from start as we improved when he came on. Wilson was poor particually but good games from Mike Jones and also Gareth Roberts as ever. Let's hope for a good new manager soon and hope for a better season next season!

P

Prenton

Yeh agree with you there, Joe mate. I was listening on Tranmere World and sounds like Mike Jones had a great match, also agree with you on the McAteer point, i'm guessing he just wanted to give others a chance, sounds like things improved when he came on though. Hope we appoint a new manager very very soon.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Jones and Jennings did well I felt in the middle, and linked well with Davies when he came on.

I'm currently wondering how long it will take the fraud squad to investigate Steve Wilson for claiming he's a goalkeeper.

DixieDean

comedy moment of the season.
Wilson pulled off a superb save and then followed it up with an impression of my sister kicking a football. Hilarious!
Imagine if we'd have lost at MK Dons and then he gifts them that goal. I think he'd have been dragged into the Kop and never seen again!

Good to see some new faces. Thought Jones had a very good debut. I could go on about him being lightweight and sloppy at times but it's a massive step up for the lad. He did brilliantly lasting the game and I look forward to seeing him next season.

I'm just so excited about the next couple of months for TRFC!!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
we cannot keep wilson. he should not have had to make that save as he shud of had it covered. aside form roberts and james wen he came on, all the back line had nightmares at certain points of the game.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Well at least it's over and we can hopefully look forward to a good management appointment in the next couple of weeks.

By the sounds of it, today was an interesting match.

M

Matthew The Rover

I think you're wrong White Life. Paul Linwood had a very solid game and although his distrobution was it's usual standard, Sharps had a solid game defensively.

Jones had a really impressive debut, look forward to seeing him next season whilst Danny H had an impressive game in the centre of midfield.

Looking forward to next season now more with anticipation than hope and if the right choices are made in the summer, we could be on our way to the Championship next summer.

A final word for Gareth Roberts. I'd like to thank the guy for signing my shirt in the JK Stand and shaking my hand today and wish him good luck for the future. He's been a terrific loyal servent to this club and will be a huge hole to fill. Tremarco, with no disrespect to him, is not upto Robbo's standards yet and in my opinion, not ready to play regular first team football just yet.

S

Seanyb

Did Roberts give any indication that he has played his last game for the club?

M

Matthew The Rover

Considering the way he spoke to me and he was crying on his lap of honour plus he said in the paper it was time to move on a week or so ago and Little and Lorraine said at the fans forum it's unlikely he'll be staying, I should think it was his last game for the club.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
That was bloody awful. Only to be expected really, after the relief last week of staying up, the team didn't look bothered today.

Jackson was unusually poor, his lack of pace and alertness being directly responsible for the first goal. On the other hand, Sharps had a decent game.

That young Jones fella looked promising and Macca showed that he should still be able to do a job for us next season if he can stay injury free. Jennings made some good tackles but needs to learn to shoot occasionally, especially when we're 2-0 down at home #-o

Same old story up front, plenty of hard work but no end result. Greenacre appeared to be doing the majority of the rough and tumble, winning the ball and holding it up, with Facey running off him, which is surely the wrong way round :???:

Wilson had been OK in the games I'd seen him this season, but was embarrasing today, we need Achterberg back next season. Did anyone read in the programme that he'd recently become a Dad again? I've been trying to think if it was about 9 months ago that he picked up his 'groin strain' :lol:

If it was Robbo's last game for us, what a sad way to end his Rovers career, but once again, he was one of the best players on the park, always looking to get forward, but some great tracking back too.

I wish I knew how we were going to do next season, you can look at some of the young promising players we have, Tremarco, Jennings, Zola and think we'll do OK next season, on the other hand, it might just be too much responsibility for them. A lot depends on how quickly they mature and of course, who the new gaffer is.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it just shows how much work needs to be done in the summer. We need a manager who's going to come in, show passion, show commitment, get rid of the dead wood and get some youngsters in!

It was great to see some young faces out there, great experience for them. Again, another disappointing game. We really struggle to find goals.

A few decent saves from Wilson, but his kicking was simply awful. We really need better standard of players here at PP otherwise we'll struggle again next season. The defence was sloppy today. I'm not a big fan of Sharps or Jackson and they didn't fail to disappoint me today.

Harrison was poor and again Facey ineffective.

As Gray mentioned, I really hope we see Achterberg next season. We've struggled a lot between the sticks without him.

And a final word about Roberts. Great servant indeed! I wish all all the luck for the future. Superbly dedicated and consistant performer.

Roll on the summer..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Thank god the season ends here, cos it was awful. Like all the others have said, we weren't very good, the defending was pathetic at times, poor at others and never completely convincing. The midfield couldn't create anything, although was impressed by young Mike Jones who had a decent game, and at least tried to make something happen. And the strikers had nothing to feed on so how on earth do we know how good Greenacre really could be?! He could be our Thierry Henry for god sakes!

Thank you for the season-end. Please hope we get a good gaffer to get rid of the dead-wood, all 15 or so of them, and bring some pride back to PP.

Ps. Bye Bye Robbo, LEGEND. Many thanks.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Game sumed up our season, players werent assed!

Sahme how the game without little , we still played the same like we were with little #-o

Mike jones played well good young player him. Wilson =; and Roberts farewell!

Poor game and thornton got a win over us! :twisted:

Alotof use of smilies in this one, its more entertaining then watchin tranmere this season :???:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
Sahme how the game without little , we still played the same like we were with little #-o
I think it difficult to judge after just one game. There is a hell of a lot of work to be done over the summer to improve the squad and get them playing entertaining football.

And on the managerial note, I was surprised to hear McAteer talking about how much he'd learnt of Little blah blah.. Well, there go his chances for the job! :lol: (thank god!)..

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Yer I meant how ironic it was lol.

But alot of work to be done on and off the pitch this will be an intersting summer.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I both like Gareth and was sad to see him go, but he understandably wanted to go out with a bang and pressed forward a lot in the first half. This wouldn't have been a problem, if the central defenders had helped out a bit, as it was Carl Tremarco was left very exposed and given the lad is likely to our regular left-back next season could have been helped out a bit more to build his confidence. Jacko especially was poor. Would have preferred to see the below par Harrison subbed at h/t for McAteer. And Palethorpe must be absolutely dreadful if he didn't get a chance after Wilson's showing:roll:

Jones and James both did quite well, but too early to tell after just one game what their futures hold.

Thank god it's summer!