• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-2 Bristol Rovers

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Joe, have you actually seen Adnam Ahmed play? I was warned by a Huddersfield fan that he was poor and in the two times I've seen him in a Rovers shirt, he's been far worse than that. a half-fit McLaren or Jennings is light years better.

I couldn't agree more. Ahmed is quite possibly the worst player I've seen in the Super White shirt, and I've seen Kevin Gray!:shock:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't really see how you can say he isn't any good when you haven't seen him play. You can't judge someone on two games. They weren't even two back to back games. I don't expect him to be a great player but I still think he could do a reasonable job... Ronnie wouldn't have brought him to the club otherwise.

Player
Goodison
I'm not sure that Ahmed is very good - in the games i've seen him play he's looked completely out of his depth and I know alot of Huddersfield fans who don't think he's very good. However you can't judge a player on 2 games, but I think Danny Harrison is alot better than him from what i've seen.

Player
Goodison
I'm not completely sure why everybody seems to be slagging off Little. Ok his football was pretty dull and he tried bizzare 3-5-2 formations. However he took us from relegation threatened to 8th, he got us in the play offs and managed a team to the highest points total without been promoted and he got us into the Quarter finals of the FA cup. He's also good some credentials considering he's the last english manager to win a major trophy. I'll admit i'm not his biggest fan, he did make excuses and he made some big mistakes eg Goodison at left back. However if you look at his record he's the most succesful manager we have had at this level, since King. You can't exactly say he was a shambles.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I don't really see how you can say he isn't any good when you haven't seen him play. You can't judge someone on two games. They weren't even two back to back games. I don't expect him to be a great player but I still think he could do a reasonable job... Ronnie wouldn't have brought him to the club otherwise.
Let's judge Ahmed on the pre-season games he played, the two first team games, the two "international" games and the record of the reserves this season. So bad, awful, laughable and embarrasing.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Look i'm not saying he is a great player... But what your saying about judging him on those games doesn't really hold up either. Pre season I heard a lot of good things said about him in some of the games... then the internationals one of them they got battered but the other i read a report that said he was Pakistans best player. Reserves is a completely different story and I haven't seen the reserves this season but fair enough he obviously hasn't made an impression in the reserves.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It obviously wasn't from the game they lost 7-0 but the next one which was 0-0 in Iraq. Looks like no one agrees with me though so i'll just leave it. ;-)