• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Todays signings

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I'm happy we've signed Warner as he is definetly experienced, whether he is any good only time will tell! As for Kay, I have some doubts over his attitude as he turned down an extended loan deal at Gateshead because he would prefer to play reserve team football - that kind of attitude stinks!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9219766.stm

We do need a right back due to injuries though so hopefully he will do ok, it's a shame we can't get Shotton though. As for McChrystal, I'm happy we've now got four permanent centre backs but Parry's Irish exports have been pretty useless so far, so hopefully McChrystal will buck the trend.

I think Broomes got a three match ban as it was a straight red, I think Wooton has also gone back to Manchester United - but from what I've seen of him he isn't much of a loss.

If Blanchard is out for 6 weeks that is a major blow as he's been pretty consistent this season, and can play in several positions.
I though Wooton was ok to be honest. Agree with most thoughts that Warner will be better than Nielsen, although I have been off the radar for a while and have to say I thought Gulasci was top dollar and will play at higher level one day soon - Has he gone back??:?:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, Gulasci's gone back mate. Don't think we'll be seeing him again.

drwhoman

NEW PLAYERS

A previous writer has criticised Kay for turning down an extended loan at Gateshead. Would you really want to agree to that if you are a young guy with ambition? Get yourself marked down as a Conference player? Indeed, a Conference team that is unlikely to return to Div Two any time soon? I know we are not Liverpool or Man Utd but it seems to me he took the right decision. Still - we will know after the weekend as to whether he is any good or not.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
your right its not violence it was a professional foul hence the 1 game ban.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I actually think there was intent, he knew what he was doing. Although I don't think he initially meant to fall over. Let's say he caught the guy accidentally on purpose on the way down.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
les has said broomes missed the game due to illness