• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Thoughts with Humey

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Great player for us, immense pace, skill and determination - get well soon.

"Barnsley striker Iain Hume is understood to have been moved to a high dependency unit in hospital after being treated for a fractured skull.
The Canadian was injured in Saturday's South Yorkshire derby against Sheffield United at Oakwell.
His condition deteriorated on Sunday and he was taken in for surgery.
The 25-year-old was hurt in a clash with Sheffield United skipper Chris Morgan as both challenged for a header in the first half.
Morgan, who started his career at Barnsley, was booked for the incident by referee Andy D'Urso. The Blades went onto the game 2-1." BBC

Del

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
Get well soon so he can come back to us.
Great player and a great person.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hadn't realised things were so serious.

All the best Iain, hope you're quickly back in good health.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounds very serious. Really hope he can make a quick and speedy recovery.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Totally gutted to hear this, Humey was a legend who used to battle and run his socks off for us.

Doesn't surprise me that he's picked up such a serious injury as he was totally fearless.

Get well soon Humey.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, sad news. Horrible injury and let's just hope he recovers well and fast.
I addition, I got this through my email today. I haven't seen the incident but from what I've heard, it was a terrible challenge. Not what anyone wants to see in football.

I understand Iain Hume was a legend at TRFC and is still held in very high regard by your supporters. No doubt you will have heard that he fractured his skull last saturday, the victim of a vicious elbow from Chris Morgan of Sheff U for which he only got a yellow card. No action has yet been taken by the FA, the Police or Sheff U and we are concerned this violent conduct is going to go unpunished. We have launched a petition to try and gain some justice for this brutal assault. We would be extremely grateful if you could bring this to the attention of those TRFC fans who haven't already visited the site to sign the petition. Lets all hope Humey makes a speedy recovery. Many thanks

http://www.petitiononline.com/ThugsOut/petition.html

[youtube]MTQb1yUsNhs[/youtube]

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Gutted for him, the goal he scored away to the notloB in extra time still makes me smile!

Get well soon Humey!:-(

Player
Goodison
Yeah, he was at Tranmere a few weeks back and was saying to someone that he had started training again. If it had been the precious John Terry or Frank Lampard the FA would have taken further action but as it's not the Premiership they don't care!

Claire

Les Parry mentioned Humey at Achtos Testimonial dinner and said he's back in training