• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks for ren
Yes I recall that although I had to check the opposition - Enfield 1967. They subsequently won it in 1971 against Dagenham.
Thanks for reminding me. Yes, I'd forgotten that I was at the second game too. Dagenham combined with other clubs to become Dag & Red.

drwhoman

Always a good day out at Wembley. I remember being there for a pre-season charity game when both Keegan and Bremner were sent off!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Always a good day out at Wembley. I remember being there for a pre-season charity game when both Keegan and Bremner were sent off!
I was there too. In those days you could just turn up and get in and the tickets were affordable. That game had incredible needle.

drwhoman

Yes BBTC. Leeds were a skilful but very physical team. I am not sure how the likes of BillyB, Norman H, and Tommy Smith would get on today!

drwhoman

I see Robbie Weir was sent off after 20 secs last night. That must be a record? He is captain of Layton O these days.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strange goings on at Orient. They had Kevin Nolan as player manager for a bit last season then he went. Andy Hessenthaler has just been sacked too. Think they have had 6 managers since foreign ownership a couple of years ago.

Weir did very well at Burton but perhaps L1 was too much for him. He'll do well at Orient given the chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very puzzled after reading the loan watch article on the OS. Stockton is now on seven goals and continues to bang them in. Maybe he's just not compatible with the Rovers after the many many chances he's had here.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, very strange. I have not seen anything in his performances for us to suggest he is going to make it here, so it must be some kind of psychological issue he has where Rovers are concerned. That said, I think a lot of his goals this season have been off the bench, so whether he is capable of putting in ninety minute performances for Morecambe over a whole season is debatable.

I definitely think he needs to leave us permanently to progress.

drwhoman

Also I see the 18yr old Omatola is banging them in albeit at a lower level. Is Jones any better I wonder?

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Very puzzled after reading the loan watch article on the OS. Stockton is now on seven goals and continues to bang them in. Maybe he's just not compatible with the Rovers after the many many chances he's had here.
Say what you like about Cole, he's our leading goalscorer this season - more than either Nors or Andy - and in a higher league. There's something strange considering the number of players we've let go over the past few years who are now playing in higher divisions. It says to me that over the last five years we haven't got the best out of our players. Add to that the inability to bring on the youngsters and maybe you see why we have been going backwards on the pitch during this period.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another 3 games Hughes is banned for. 6 in total sounds very harsh.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another 3 games Hughes is banned for. 6 in total sounds very harsh.

It does not surprise me. The sending off looked a product of some poor refereeing, but his behaviour after being shown the red suggested he totally lost it.

It is poor from the authorities to take so long to extend it, if that is the case. If it was done sooner why didn't the extension become common knowledge. We've loaned the lad from Fleetwood for midfield, but Rides must be due an injury soon...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
While not being completely surprised, I think this is a dreadful decision and sends completely the wrong message. Hughes' reaction to Brodie was the result of the latter's cheating and provocation throughout the game, yet he escapes with no penalty. Surely if there was an assessor in the ground that night they would have been aware of Brodie's antics and taken that into account when making this decision ? I can only assume this decision was based solely on the report of the referee, who was incompetent. Even setting that aside, a six game ban is incredibly harsh as no punches were thrown and a number of players from both sides were involved in the melee.

drwhoman

Ridiculous. Would this decision been taken in the Championship, never mind the Premier League? No - just goes to show that down the pyramid autocratic officialdom knows it can get away with it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
His actions cannot be excused in anyway he has tried to head butt a player and has not left the field of play, sadly cannot argue with this decision, I actually think it the club were aware of it a bit a go but chose to announce it today

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Having followed this forum but having seen only two games this season, I may not be as well informed as most of you. However, I think we now have a decent squad. We are flush with goalkeepers and strikers. We are OK for defenders, especially if Evan Gumbs returns. To be honest, I can't be sure about the midfield as we still don't know how good Duggan and Askew are. My feeling is that any problems are only temporary due to the long injury and suspension list. Gumbs, Duggan and Osbourne may be able to see us through the next month and then we should be back on course. By then also we should have a new manager in place. I don't know if PC will get the job or not, but already he is certainly our most successful caretaker boss in living memory.

drwhoman

Interesting that PC was GB's assistant and yet he seems to have a different philosophy. Maybe Gary should have listened to him a bit more!

drwhoman

I see Gary TF has signed for Accrington. Obviously Coleman thinks he has something to offer.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I see Gary TF has signed for Accrington. Obviously Coleman thinks he has something to offer.
Ohh dear. His legs have gone now.