• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Quiz - Week 1

B

Banana Army

Every week i'm going to ask a new question (Every Thursday). Some tranmere based some just general.

Please PM me with your answer before the following thursday at midday. Only one answer per person please.

A leauge table will be constructed and at the end of the season there will be a winner. Its 3 points for a right answer and a bonus point if you give the right answer before anyone else. If a question requires multiple answers and you get 2 out of 3 or something similar you will gain say 2 points. This amount will be stated in each weeks question. Please explain your answer to help me see your logic. OK here we go.

The starter question:

Which Brittish player has played for 4 different teams that have won the European Cup though he has never won it himself? (Player Name Requiered and one bonus point if you can name all four clubs)

Answer: Dean Saunders

A starter point to Dixie, CHWC and JOE_TRFC

RULES EDITTED ON THURSDAY 23rd NOVEMBER

C

championship_here_we_come

Dean Saunders for Liverpool Notts Forest Benfica and villa (EDIT:aston that is) i think

DixieDean

I'm afraid I have to agree: Dean Saunders (Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Benfica).

Does CHWC lose points for the fact that there is no such club as Notts Forest? or do i lose points for being too picky :D :shock: :D

B

Banana Army

Ok i have had an idea. Instead of posting, pm me and then i will post peoples answers every week, that way there is no copying etc. and everyone get get 3 points. Ill give you 3 a point for that to start off with but we'll start again starting from tonight and it will now be every thursday instead of wednesday. Didnt think about that properly. So the official question will be set around 10.00 pm tonight for this week. Sorry guys.

S

Seanyb

Hold up! I don't think you should count this week cos Joe got 3 points for saying yeah I agree! Start again next week!!!!

B

Banana Army

Ok fair enough. Heres week 1 question then:

Who are the only club that can wear their crest on each of the corner flags at their stadium?

3 points available and up to 2 bonus point for the reason.

REMEMBER PM ME WITH THE ANSWER

B

Banana Army

Theres still a day to go.

Get your answers in now. You dont want to fall behind in the table.

B

Banana Army

Ok week 1 result. All 4 of you got it right. 2 of you gave good reasons but only one was perfect.

Dixie: Answer & perfect Reason 5 points
PaulCook: Answer & Almost Perfect reason 4 points
SWA: Answer 3 points
B_H: Answer 3 points

Table

Untitled-5.jpg

Next Question tonight at 10 pm. Remember you can still enter if you didnt play this week. Its worth a guess even if you do not know the answe as you cant loose points.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Can you still answer this weeks question? I've no idea at the moment so may just pm you with a guess if I can??

B

Banana Army

yeh ok as i forgot to give the answer this week, but not after thsi week because i mean to put the answqers up on thursday as well

B

Banana Army

Ok after the relatively easy question last week its going to get a bit harder.

Week 2: Can you name the only five post war (1946 - Present Day) England internationals who's surname's are 3 letters long?

Remember PM me with the answer

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I have now sent you a pm for week one's answer and a pm for week two's answer.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
this ones hard, im gonna have to give this some serious thort :?