• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

THE COWLEYS

drwhoman

Have been sacked by Portsmouth after 22 months in charge. They have found it very hard to replicate their success at Lincoln, first at Huddersfield and then Pompey.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I still think he is a good manager. He did pretty well at Huddersfield by keeping them up, but the Portsmouth job has been a poisoned chalice for many years now.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
They brought new ideas, tactics and a different training regime to lower league football.
The football world has finally found them wanting.

Pompey owners want success, hasn't worked out has it?
Changing managers at this time means whoever takes over, has funds to spend to improve their squad.

We can't afford a manager change! Unless a volunteer takes over! (Lol)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think they are on the way down, sacker from last 2 jobs and not been very impressive at all.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t know what went so wrong at Portsmouth aside from a number of injuries. Their term at Huddersfield was a relative success, avoiding relegation which looked likely when they joined, then being dumped by a maverick chairman, since deposed himself. It will be interesting to see where they show up next, but there are plenty of worse managers out there.