• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Takeover

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just seen a post on Twitter about Late Kick Off tonight.

Apparently PJ telling us that TRFC to be bought by someone who the fans can trust and who loves the club. Deal likely within two weeks!!

Thoughts??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We'll that sounds positive. Something has to give because we can't continue as we are. PJ ain't a fool, he sounds confident and this person/persons also seems to have money. Sounds promising..

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Can't imagine PJ would have gone public unless this deal was pretty much signed sealed and delivered. Think he's had his fingers burnt like that before, Club 9 Sports??? Sounds like a really positive move and I think we can all be confident that if PJ likes them then they have everything this club needs.....money, ambition, a plan, but most of all a passion and desire to see Tranmere Rovers succeed.

Above all I think that passion and desire for Tranmere is what PJ has been looking for in someone for all these years.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Going to be interesting and possibly exciting times ahead depending on who it is that takes over.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounds really encouraging: some positive off-the-field news at last.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A poster on another site says its Michael Wilde

Player
Manager
John King
A generally reliable poster on another site has said the buyer is Joe Morris, the Home Bargains co-owner, which I think would be great news if true.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It would be hard to understand if it was Wilde, given some of PJs less than enthusiastic remarks presumably aimed at him following the withdrawal from the bidding process and the very positive spin put out by PJ at the start of this week. I'm getting to the point of just wanting the ownership issue sorted pronto.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, we need this sorting so we can move on..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Whoever takes over I would be very surprised if they put much money into the club. As well as getting the ownership sorted we really could do with the FA concluding there investigations quickly as for me we either need Ronnie or a new manager in quickly to keep us up.

Player
Manager
John King
Whoever takes over I would be very surprised if they put much money into the club.

What you have to bear in mind is that even a relatively small investment in modern football terms - say an increase in the budget of £500,000 per season - could make a massive difference to our ability to compete at this level and spare us the traumas of most recent seasons. However, as you say, it is all conjecture until a deal is finalised.

Regardless of the FA investigation / takeover, no decision will be made on the manager until the summer now, it is far too late in the day. John McMahon's period in charge has been the proverbial curate's egg so far, but we just have to hope he can do enough to keep us up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree that could make a big difference to our playing budget I just am not sure somebody is going to put that money in.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree that could make a big difference to our playing budget I just am not sure somebody is going to put that money in.

If the new owner had ambitions to stabilise the club and make it sustainable at this level they would invest it, as they have done at many other clubs. They would not have to be particularly wealthy or ambitious to increase the budget in line with the middle-ranking clubs in the division: Port Vale's budget is currently £1.9 million, for example.

However, until we know who the owner is there is little point speculating really.

Player
Backayogo
And to continue the rumour mill. I was told by a Steward who I know that the Stewards believe it is Elvis Costello, a name which crossed my mind when Johnson announced it.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't want to go to Chester might be more appropriate unfortunately.:(

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I cant see it being Elvis Costello. There is a trust/supporters meeting in the Belmont on Saturday at 12.30 and PJ will be in attendance, non trust members are welcome to attend.