• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Swindon (3) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Swindon

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swindon (3) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
County Ground
Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sam Taylor and Pike on for James Norris and Apter. Assume replacing rob is to keep him ok for Saturday

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hawkes with a good ball into the box but neither Saunders or Jolley in the right position. Sums then up

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
So often Hendrys cross doesn’t miss the near post

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Now he takes Apter off, despite scoring, and brings Taylor on who has been overlooked for months and not even thought good enough for the bench before tonight...think Nige is losing the plot

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Now he takes Apter off, despite scoring, and brings Taylor on who has been overlooked for months and not even thought good enough for the bench before tonight...think Nige is losing the plot
I do have concerns over his use of subs and his managerial style, I'm clinging on to the hope that he can mould a decent squad over the summer when a lot of the dross will leave

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The rarely spotted Chris Merrie makes a late cameo

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I do have concerns over his use of subs and his managerial style, I'm clinging on to the hope that he can mould a decent squad over the summer when a lot of the dross will leave
A lot of rubbish will leave but we’ll lose Apter and I can’t see Hawkes staying. Jennings will be another year older. Major surgery needed to the squad

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Both of them are useless farts in paper bags the fart goes in but does not reach its target not even a bad smell to linger around the box piss poor and good bye

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Adkin’s was just resting some players and giving others a chance as game is dead rubber. Although I’m glad Mullin took two points off FGR late on..

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
With Hawkes and Robbie not with us next year who wil provide the ammunition ok josh has not had his best season but he has not really had a chance as for the forward line apart from connor nobody else has done fk all

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
A lot of rubbish will leave but we’ll lose Apter and I can’t see Hawkes staying. Jennings will be another year older. Major surgery needed to the squad
Hawkes can go first 90 in ages and his decision making as bad as ever. Don't believe the changes were unenforced, Jennings hasn't been rested a minute, you'd at least keep him for the bench.
McAlear did a decent job, Norris caused the first goal no one else could use strength for the lay off and Lewis does what he does, he will never have speed or skill. Otherwise confirms what we knew several players not up to EFL.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the performance just emphasises the lack of quality outside the first eleven. We were not good on Saturday, but with four or five changes the quality of the display plummets further, particularly defensively.

Norris was awful at left back, but was given no assistance by Hawkes, which is why the latter does not play. In fairness to Hawkes, it is not surprising he is devoid of confidence after months out of the side.

The midfield was non-existent without Walker, with zero protection for the back four.

I will be happy to see the back of many of the players out there tonight. Norris, Pike, McAlear, Lewis, Jolley and others are simply not good enough.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Even Hendry flatters to deceive at the moment and I can’t see someone like Turnbull wanting to stay after this season.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I think the performance just emphasises the lack of quality outside the first eleven. We were not good on Saturday, but with four or five changes the quality of the display plummets further, particularly defensively.

Norris was awful at left back, but was given zero protection by Hawkes, which is why the latter does not play. In fairness to Hawkes, it is not surprising he is devoid of confidence after months out of the side.

The midfield was non-existent without Walker, with zero protection for the back four.

I will be happy to see the back of many of the players out there tonight. Norris, Pike, McAlear, Lewis, Jolley and others are simply not good enough.
I have said that without the more reliable preformers, we are awful. The rest depend on them too much.
The sad awful truth is that without the good run at the end of the year, we would be in serious trouble.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting if Nigel tries to be positive again post match or actually says what happened. His changes didn’t work, both full backs had poor games as did the midfield apart from Apter