• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindon 1-2 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Goals were from Greenacre and Aiston. Played well 1st half doing well on the counter attack. 2nd half we sounded poor. We obviously either thought they would fold being 2-0 down or we were just going to protect lead. Their were some nervous moments after Cureton pulled one back for them but delighted just to get 3 points. 3 points nearer to safety.

M

Matthew The Rover

Great result. Really pleased for Brian as his team selection and tactics appear to have been spot on in todays game.

MASSIVE MASSIVE result. We had to win to get us away from the bottom four just that extra few points and we have done. Well done Brian and bring on Chesterfield!

SUPER WHITE ARMY

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep. Delighted. 442 away from home. What was Brian thinking? LOL
Great first half, they didnt have a great deal to do, Dino made a great save to keep us in it. We became less effective in the second but the two goal cushion helped us..

Delighted.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Aiston starting a match! Well I never. Goodison DROPPED. Well I never.

And what happens - a WIN.

That all follows quite logically.

Now those two things need to continue into the future.

B

Banana Army

Ian said:
Yep. Delighted. 442 away from home. What was Brian thinking? LOL
Great first half, they didnt have a great deal to do, Dino made a great save to keep us in it. We became less effective in the second but the two goal cushion helped us..

Delighted.

You make the trip Ian?

I went, a last minute decision, and was pleasantly suprised by our performance. Nothing special, but what you'd expect from a mid table team. It was a nice change to our eratic form of late. The only time our defence was breached was for the goal, that was more down to the lack of quality of their forwards rather than the quality of our defence, although Cureton took his goal very well.

Swindon seem to lack something at the moment, and are suffering with out Rory Fallon. We were far from outstanding but steady enough. Notbale performances from a tireless McAteer, Creative Same Aiston (Although he still has no end product and was lucky with his goal, that reminded me of Jaskalinen's attempted save for Bolton on Saturday), and i also though Seremet was excellent. Made 2 or 3 vital saves, and organised the defence well.

Semeret 8 - Organised and very convincing, making three very good saves.
Roberts 7 - Solid as usual, didnt light up the park, but again didnt put a foot wrong
Jackson 7 - Good at the back and wasn't troubled by the Swindon attack
Sharps 6 - Weaker of the two CB, but was rarely troubled. Not as assured as Jacko though.
Raven 6 - Quiet and occasionally suspect, not as good as Francis, but certainly better than the alternative in Linwood.
Tremarco 7 - Looked lively and Hungry for the ball. Showed moments of great Promise.
*McAteer 8 - Was Tireless and worked more than anyone. Immense in the middle of the park
O'Leary 7 - Played well, creating a few opportunities and complemented Macca well.
Aiston 7 - Showed a lot of energy and as usual performed mazy runs, but as lways had no idea what to do around the area.
Greenacre 7 - Worked hard and kept the Swindon defence on their toes. Took his goal well as well.
Zola 6 - Looking a bit lazy again. Still, he was fair from awful and showed signs of what he is capable of.

Non of the substitutes were on long enough for a real evaluation, but Harrison was always backing off as per usual, and Goodison looked very comfortable at CB.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Delighted like everyone! It's a collector's item, a win at Swindon!:lol:

Sounds like we played well first half and as usual sat back which is a pet hate of mine. But 3 pts is HUGE as we need to pull clear of the bottom teams. But let it not gloss over a poor poor season. We should be at least talking of play offs not scraping away from the bottom!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Yes, surprised and delighted by our first win in what feels like ages. If we can get another 3 points against Chesterfield (who are faltering slightly) then we can hopefully establish ourselves in the top half of the table, rather than sit nervously above the danger zone.

Player
Morrisey
First half we played very well and looked comfortable. Second half we seemed to really sit back when the midfield was changed and the momentum going forward was disrupted. Saying that BL had to make some changes.

As much as Zola did look a little lazy, and I only saw him jump for a ball once, he and Chris linked up very well and always seemed to be aware of the other one's position on the park.

For me seremet is a must signing in the summer (all though I cannot see us getting him) as he is such a presence and although un orthodox at times I always feel confident that he will stop the stop.

I just cannot understant why Bl doesn't field a 442 team like that week in week out?!?!?! #-o

M

Matthew The Rover

Zola and Greenacre is our best combination. I don't think it's any coincidence Greenacre has score nearly all his goals since Xmas when Zola has partnered him.
When Facey is on the field we play Route 1, Zola on field we play our passing game and are much better. Just look at the first 20 minues vs. Huddersfield!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
zola is lazy give me facey and greenacre partnership any day

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
white life said:
zola is lazy give me facey and greenacre partnership any day
i think this should be started as a new thread. on the case..

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
MTR I agree, Zola and Greenacre work the best togther.

haven't commented on this match yet. Good win and it was important.