• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindle v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Vital 6-pointer coming up against our bogey-side. Swindon have under-performed after a good showing last season, something which seems to happen with sides after missing out in the play-offs.

I expect Les will go 4-3-3, with the side that started the second half on Saturday. Other options would be 4-4-2, with Ash going back into central defence, which is what I felt Les would do when Broomes went off injured. I'm glad he didn't. That would give the option of a recall for ITM up front.

No predictions for this one, just crossed fingers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Difficult to know what tactics to go for on Tuesday really. Do we go 4-4-2 and attack, given that Swindon's current form is woeful and they are likely to be terribly short of confidence ? Or do we go 4-3-3 and adopt a more cautious approach in the knowledge that a point will keep us above Swindon with a game in hand, and two winnable home games coming up ?

I agree with Boz that Les will probably opt for the latter.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree we should play for the win. We are long overdue one at the County Ground. Sadly, we always seem to raise our game against the better teams, only to plumb the depths against our relegation rivals. On "form" we should win, but I would believe any score. As everyone keeps saying, we need a run of wins and draws to get us out of the mire.

I just hope we get something on Tuesday and avoid kick-starting their season like we have done for other teams - remember Brentford, Leyton Orient and Notts County?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cant see Les changing the team from that which finished on Sat, i.e. Wood to start. There will probably just be a bit more emphasis on 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think Les will definitely play this one cautiously. Our record there is pretty poor, I think a point out of this would be a decent result.

However Les has said they are no good at playing for draws so will be going for the win!

evo_trfc

I watch alot of swindon and i have to say they are shockingly bad atm, could be wilsons last game, Im matchday sponsor tommorow so im really looking forward to the game, It will go one of two ways we will either win 2-1 or get done 4-0 it really depends on which Swindon side turn up!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Cant see Les changing the team from that which finished on Sat, i.e. Wood to start. There will probably just be a bit more emphasis on 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3.

yup

i'd definitely take a draw, wouldn't rule out a win though. probably be a close game.

hope you have fun evo and im looking forward to a report

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Will Wood start or will Taylor drop back into defence? I think Wood will be given a starting place, as the squad look fairly balanced on Saturday. ITM on bench again with Enoch leading the line up front.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Hoping the team will be as Saturday with Wood playing in CB

I think it would be very harsh to bang him back on the bench when he put in a good performance.

M

Mal

When was the last time we kept back to back clean sheets without Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.