• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Supporters trust meeting reminder

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
12:30 tomorrow, everyone is welcome apparently, The TRFC supporters trust FB page has just posted "#ourclubourfuture". Make of that what you will, but hopefully if it is what it implies, then with any luck we have a decent backer behind us also, otherwise if its just the trust alone, then it could be out of the frying pan into the fire...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
thats assuming PJ has agreed to give up control of the club

I did not attend the meeting today but by all accounts Johnson is going to sell up in the very near future. Who he will sell to and whether the Trust will be involved seems unclear.

Player
Manager
John King
Update: apparently Johnson wants out of the club by the end of December, which seems to give the Trust two months to come to an agreement with him as there are no other interested parties. So those that did not put their hands in their pockets for the initaial fund raising exercise might want to do so now.......

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With £100k & £100k in pledges they are a mile short & will need at least a thousands more to put in £300 somehow cant see that happening.

Player
Manager
John King
With £100k & £100k in pledges they are a mile short & will need at least a thousands more to put in £300 somehow cant see that happening.

We don't know the full details yet and Johnson may be willing to come to a compromise with them. All I am saying is all those who have been cynical about the Trust might want to take more interest in them from now on as they might be the only hope of keeping the club afloat, or at least out of disreputable hands.

drwhoman

Johnson is an old man now so you cannot blame him for wanting out. If truth be known he has saved us from going the way of Southport, Chester, Wrexham and Stockport. Anyone coming in other than the Trust could only be a predator given that there is no financial sense at all in simply buying into the football club for its own sake. A loss making proposition full stop. Let us hope that something can be agreed with the Trust provided that they have some financially savvy people (I know nothing about them). I am sure Peter would get a tax loss on his investment!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
RLC, the Trust have said that's the amount they need and by the end of the year.

Player
Manager
John King
My second sentence is still valid though. Don't see too many other options than a Trust takeover at the moment, or at least no options we would want to contemplate.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
there is rumour on another site of interest from koukash the owner of Salford rugby league club

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
im thinking pj has got someone to takeover, or why the sudden rush to get out now, and not the end of the season? maybe home & bargains has decided to take us over and turn us into a footballing superpower! Who knows, maybe in a few years we could have Max advertising cleaning products with "Max Power guarantee!"

Player
Manager
John King
there is rumour on another site of interest from koukash the owner of Salford rugby league club

The rumour seems plausible give that Koukash tried to take over Oldham a few months ago. There is some more info about him here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/22949693

It certainly seems there is another interested party, as the Trust have been asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

I don't know what to make of Koukash; a bit of the Osterman about him, although he does seem to have financial clout and has been successful in his previous sporting ventures. I did not like the quotes I read elsewhere about forcing Salford to change their name and wear his racing colours away from home........

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Koukash has certainly put a lot of money into Salford as they have signed a lot of new players and also has a lot of race horses though whether he is interested or would be good for the club is another matter.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
surely he must be getting the club for a song too then, if he is the other bidder, as otherwise hed be pissed hearing that the trust get it for nowt, effectively...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
PJ has been trying to sell for years without any real serious offers. Think he's had enough now. I can see this going the way of the trust. They ain't getting my £300 though.

Player
Nixon
I heard that Johnson was becoming very ill, hope this is not true. But this may be the reason he needs to sell quickly

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
They ain't getting my £300 though.

Can I ask why? (Not trying to cause arguements - there are enough of them on certain "other" TRFC sites) I too am reluctant to give my hard-earned, mainly because of the lack of detail being provided (i know NDA, yadda yadda yadda) but it DOES concern me that PJ is giving the trust the club for nowt, effectively, what are we being given, and will we be having begging bowls handed around every 5 minutes as the business plan seems to rely on parts being left to us, which may not necessarily be so)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
ive joined up. I know a lot has to be taken on trust (excuse the pun) at the moment but more details should hopefully be forthcoming shortly.

This really is a chance for supporters too make a difference, PJ is going and the alternatives too the trust are currently either not there or will not be of much benefit too the club.

Player
Manager
John King
I donated a couple of years ago and I will make a further small donation now. I am aware I could lose my money, but it is a risk I am prepared to take if the future of the club is at stake; either way, it won't make much difference to me financially.

I think fans who can afford to contribute should really consider it for the reasons cited above. If the takeover is a success, I will certainly be pleased to have made a small contribution.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's nothing against the trust, I would be saying that about any party asking for money. I already pay what I think is enough per season to watch Rovers so Im certainly not giving any more. Last time I looked, the trust were well short financially, but desperate people do desperate things..