• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stocko 0-3 Tranmere

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A fantastic day out and result for me, the prformnce wasnt really upto much and didnt need to be as Stockport were dire, job done and with a bit of help job done stay in league one.

Les will be the manager next season as he is probably the cheapest option and as by the looks of things the playing budget weill be slashed quite a bit again.

But thats for another day im just delighted we managed to stay up and my hangover has cleared

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Sonkorly given our financial situation is keeping Les not the only sensible option.

No it's not. Other clubs in poor financial positions appoint managers to be managers rather than physios to be managers. If that means we have one less striker in the squad, or whatever, then so be it.

drwhoman

stockport

Understand your position sonkORLY. Mind you one less of our strikers makes no difference! Curran, Gornell, Bain, even Savage - all honest triers who do not cut the mustard at Div One level. Moore is the only guy up for it. Thank God for Labadie and Robinson at the end. They were the difference in our staying up. Only Stockport and Oldham scored less goals last season.

Player
Goodison
The only other realistic option is John Coleman at Accrington. Jim Harvey has lower credenitials then Les Parry in my eyes. I would be happy to see Les given the job but I wouldn't be unhappy if someone else was brought in, aslong as it's not Barnes or McAteer!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Moore is the only guy up for it. Thank God for Labadie and Robinson at the end. They were the difference in our staying up.

couldn't agree more

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The fact is that Les now has more league management experience than anyone coming in from the conference or an untested former player on his first job. He's also got a fair idea of the quality of the players who are left and what we need with the available resources. If there is an experienced manager out there with a decent track record at working with a pittance, get them in. Otherwise I'd rather Les than a speculative punt or a proven failure in the Barnes mode.

Labadie did make a real difference, Robbo had a great game v Millwall, but given another 10k for loans would prefer to keep Joss.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Just an alternative perspective on the events of Saturday. I was stuck down south and so went to support Wycombe against the Gills. Gills had almost as many fans as we had at Stockport (took up the full away end and a bit of the other stand). Didnt really expect Wycombe to do much but my god what a fantastic day! Gillingham were pathetic for a team that knew they needed a result to stay up. Jacksons miss was the highlight of the day!

Was expecting a very stressful afternoon but with 15 minutes to go it was all over and the Wycombe fans were taunting the Gills fans about going down with them and the Gills fans were slaughtering their own manager and I was in the middle of it all loving every minute!

The only downside to the day was having to get the train back to Marylebone with hundreds of Gills fans - unhappy wasnt really the word to describe them. Dont think any of them expected to go down given the unlikely combination of results needed and maybe it was that arrogance that their players were suffering from. Can't say im great at accents but was very careful to sound as cockney (or at least southern) as i possibly could!

Shame I couldnt have been at Stockport - but well done to Les and the lads. A fantastic result and a great contrast to how we were all feeling at the start of the seaosn.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Bit late posting about this but this is mainly due to the fact I was extremely hungover on Sunday and still feeling touchy on Monday. I thought that the bahviour of our supporters on the whole was very good considering the gravity of the situation. I felt the way the police and stewards handled things was excellent and produced few flashpoints.

The performance doesnt matter as the win was all important. I think people are getting a little bit over fixated with the whole cross bar thing. I saw the incident and to be honest was happy thats all that had happened when you think about games at Luton, Grimsby and Wednesday. At the end of the day it didnt lookn good but it was only a cross bar and I am sure our club will replace it for them. Lets not detract away from the brilliant behaviour of the majority of our supporters.

One of the funny things I saw along with the dog and the copper getting flattened was at the end when the Rovers fans pitch invaded a handful of Stockport fans came on at the Cheadle end and made their way menacingly toward the celebrating Rovers fans. As soon as they were spotted they ran straight back into the Cheadle end and finished up about 6 rows back.:-D

It was a great day but lets not forget that we could have gone down. The mistakes that have been made this season cannot be allowed to happen again or we will be facing the same uncertainty next season.

Thanks to Ian and all the other posters on here who have provided me with something to beat my head against this season rather than doing it against my wifes head. 8-[