• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Spireites v Rovers JPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our first trip to the charmingly named B2net stadium. Saltergate wasn't a bad hunting ground for Rovers and a "real" old ground with an open terrace for away fans, while part of the home stand had wooden benches for seats. Suspect the new venue will be the standard stadium from ikea.

Given that we have a couple of returnees from injury and some lads who've been on bench warming duty, I'd expect Les to make four of the maximum five changes allowed from Colchester and line up something like this;

OFW
Bakayogo McChrystal Taylor Holmes
Labadie Welsh Weir
McGurk Tiryaki Akins

Subs Coughlin Raven Robinson Devaney Showumni (though given Les' penchant for defenders on the bench maybe Buchanan instead of Robbo or Devaney)

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I really want progress in this. I expect the team will look rather different to saturday, perhaps:

--------------------Fon Williams-------------------

kay------Taylor-----------------Goodison-----Zoom

--------Ladabie----Welsh------Weir--------------

-------Akin------Showumni------Mcgurk----------

Tough game but a very winnable one.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I go with Boz on this one. Robbo will appreciate a rest after the full 90 on Saturday. I think Holmes is now Raven's deputy and so must make his second Rovers debut tomorrow. I would play Muzzy ahead of Enoch just to get him used to working with Adam and Lucas.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Les has said two or three players will be rested, but I would expect Goodison to start (he played the whole game in both matches at Accrington) and I think Robinson will play at least 60 minutes to build his match fitness. Les has hinted that Enoch will start ahead of Tiryaki.

As BBTC comments, it is interesting that Holmes is now ahead of Kay in the pecking order, as Michael has not been injured these past few weeks as far as I am aware.

On paper at least, a very good chance to progress, so it will be interesting to see how we fare.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I will be pissed off if Enoch starts. Kay's demise is very strange indeed, although he never was particularly good tbh.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As your not bothered about the cups why will you be pissed off if enoch starts?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Hahaha, what do those two things have to do with each other?

I'll be pissed off if Enoch starts because he doesn't deserve to, and Muz needs game time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'll be pissed off if Enoch starts because he doesn't deserve to, and Muz needs game time.
Turyaki has deserved to keep his place. What will be annoying is if he rests him tonight and gives Enoch a game, but then keeps Enoch in for the league games relegating Turyaki to the bench. That would be harsh.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting line-up. Holmes, McChrystal and Zoum come in; Robinson and Goodi rested, Raven on the bench. Surprised that Labadie not given a start, Mustapha retains his place up front, but guess in more a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with presumably McGurk up front or just behind.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If your not bothered about the result what does it matter what team we have out?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Christ, lots of goals in this one.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If your not bothered about the result what does it matter what team we have out?

lol are you serious

because the game isn't being played in a vacuum i.e our team selection and performance will have an impact on the weekend

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well were not going to wembley then a blow to concede 4 goals again

Status
Not open for further replies.