• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

should tranmere appeal

should tranmere appeal

• Total voters

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
I've been listening to Radio Merseyside football phone in tonight and Alan Jackson has made a very very good point.
That "goal" from Crooks could cost Tranmere hundreds of thousands of pounds, and maybe financial stability in the future. If Bradford hadn't scored that goal, we would have won the game easy.

All that "goal" did was help to knock us out of the cup 1 round earlier. Chances are we'd have lost at Barnsley anyway.

We should just take it on the chin and get on with life instead of moaning.

Half (if not more) of the people on here don't agree with bringing technology into the game (or at least they didn't last season when it affected Spurs and not TRFC) so we also shouldn't moan when a lack of technology lets us down.

Player
Morrisey

Exactly!!

We are now out of the cup nothing we can do so we should just concentrate on our poor league position! you never know this cloud might have a silver lining. It could bring the team closer and not give us a whole load of extra games!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I agree that we could easily have gone out at Barnsley in the next round but we too could have won there... anyway thats not the point and although I don't think 'that' goal would have cost us hundreds of thousands, it is still £16,000 prize money we are down on and is important money to a club like us. To be fair as well it is not just the goal... if the ref had given us what i've been told was a blantant penalty seconds earlier we would either of been 2-0 up or if we had missed, the situation of Crooks scoring like that wouldn't have happened.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
suppose it was not as though we were gonna win the FA cup lol :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

I'm not saying that we should appeal, nor that we would win it, but the prize money can be big and signifcant to a small club like us. Say we beat Barnsley and drew Man U away...

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
I'm not saying that we should appeal, nor that we would win it, but the prize money can be big and signifcant to a small club like us. Say we beat Barnsley and drew Man U away...

you really are stretching things now....

there was no guarantee that at 1-0 or even 2-0 up against Bradford, that we would have won, yet now you have us beating Barnsley and drawing Man U in round three.... how far do you want this "what if" fantasy to go on?
We are out. get over it.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:

Fair comment I feel that it might be a blessing in disguise we might be able to kick start our league form and start aiming for the play-offs because it's still possible

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer its league now and perhaps LDV but we havent half got some terrible referees in our league though :twisted:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I know its the fa cup and I love the fa cup but our league form this year is scaring me honest it is!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah of course we have just got to focus on the league and LDV now but it is still very annoying!