• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shirt Sponsorship

Does anyone know when the shirt sponsorship is up for renewal? A comment was made to me today that shirt sales would be higher if the name of Wirral Council wasn't on the front of them. Obviously it is all about the most money and best image for the club, but for a few grand less, we may sell more shirts to the ever fashion conscious youth.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think it's got at least another year to run. I like having Wirral on the shirt. You don't seriously suggest that the sponsor makes much difference to the number of shirts sold? If I were Villa fan, might buy shirt as they've donated space to local charity but otherwise... Can only recall a cutlery firm as other Rovers sponsor, someone similar is hardly going to get fashion-conscious youth rushing to the club shop. Quality of the product is more important imo, changing the manufacturers might be a better idea!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I have a shirt with Champion spark plugs on!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Not unless the club were ahead of there time and were making skin tight lycra shirts!:-D

I think I wore it for the centinary celebrations at wembley. Showing my age now!:oops:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Love2Shop

According to the club's website, we have a new sponsor - for the back of the shirt. They are a voucher seller called Love2Shop and owned by Peter Johnson.

Is this a good sign? Ronnie could only afford free transfers and would have Loved 2 Shop. Let's hope Barnes is given a few of those vouchers to spend on decent players. ;-)

Player
Goodison
When I first read it I thought it was going to say love2 something else for a minute!

I like the Wirral sponsorship as a "fashion consesus youth", it's symbolic of Tranmere and better then having some random betting company on the front. It's the longest running shirt sponsorship in football and something we should be proud of!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree, RTID. Let's not forget that without our two shirt sponsors - Wirral MBC and Peter Johnson - there would be no Tranmere Rovers.