• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season ticket prices

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The club used the £5 game to announce season ticket prices for next season. I'm a little annoyed as they have gone up! Only worth it if we manage the miracle and achieve promotion.

But if you read more closely, to commemorate the club's 125th anniversary, the club will refund the difference if they manage to sell 7,000 season tickets to give them for £125.

Fat chance of us making 7,000 season tickets sales imo. So that's an extra £16 a season for my ticket for next year. Oh well...#-o

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
our club are useless at advertising, the only reason that todays gate was so impressive was because the fans put so much effort in to put posters up advertising the special offer. if we only got 8,100 fans (including brizzle's lot) in today for a fiver, how are we gonna find 7,000 people to sign up for a season ticket? utterly pointless.

i'm interested to see our new badge though, and our 125th anniversary shirt thing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, was reading that on the official site before. Here's the full brochure (http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/staticFiles/ad/34/0,,10365~144557,00.pdf). It's a nicely, well put together leaflet. Shame as you say their advertising is poor, as noone will get to see it. Actually, they usually give these out at the games.

Season ticket will cost me £272 if I order before 1 May. Not bad really. Works out at just under £12 a game.

That 125 anniversary offer is insane. They really need to get real. I actually think it's a good idea, but their figures are all wrong. 7000 season ticket sales by 22 May! Seriously..

New kit and new badge sounds great.
Even the players' hall of fame.

Would be much better of course of we could celebrate this in the championship!

evo_trfc

This is what annoys me about the club its the 125th anniversary this is huge potential for an advertising campaign - Clubs like Huddersfield for their anniversary reduced season ticket prices hugely £100 i think? A few teams have done this, I cant see why they didnt try it or something similar like if we get 10000 people who will pay £125 then we will sell them as that. I know thats very basic but still they should be promoting this hugely

I didn't realise we were getting a new badge - I actually like the one we have now and really dont want it to change! My local club Swindon changed theres and it's taking a season just to get use to it!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The club know this isn't a realistic target. I mean seriously.. But it may help to sell a few more season tickets. Very clever..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't realise we were getting a new badge - I actually like the one we have now and really dont want it to change! My local club Swindon changed theres and it's taking a season just to get use to it!

I agree with you on the badge. Current one is based on the Birkenhead crest I think. Also, I know when Man City changed theirs a few years ago, there was uproar as a number of people had tattoos with the old badge.

Agree with all the comments on season ticket prices above.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The club know this isn't a realistic target. I mean seriously.. But it may help to sell a few more season tickets. Very clever..

and all these crazy offers mask the fact that season ticket prices have otherwise gone up...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I don't mind our badge but the grass is always greener with me...so i'm quite looking forward to seeing it...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think if they wanted to get 7,000 season ticket sales, having them at £125 from the off would generate more interest. Nobody in their right mind thinks we'll get to 7,000 and would argue about paying the increased prices especially if we're gonna be in League One again watching the same old rubbish week in week out (that means the division as a whole rather than just our team, cos I actually think this has been one of our best HOME seasons for years - results and performances).

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think if they wanted to get 7,000 season ticket sales, having them at £125 from the off would generate more interest.

But what then, when we sell 3,000 tickets and lose out on a ton of money? I understand the reasons as to why this has been done, but I don't think it's achievable. I reckon that if we made it free to get into PP on a Saturday we wouldn't fill it. The problem isn't the prices, it's the perception of the club and the standard of football we're playing at. To get people interested we need a good cup run or promotion, sadly.

Player
Liam Palmer
Were any supporters consulted on a new badge? Presumably not. I like the current one and HATE it when clubs constantly change these things. They should be set in stone.