• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Seagulls 2 Rovers 0

M

Mal

After some of the games I have seen, we'd be better off with Jonny Wilkinson in the back four to fit in with the game plan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A little bit off forum this but linked to the game:

Am gonna say something contravershal now - and somethin i never thought I would....does anyone think Goodi should be dropped?

He is a legend and all that, and brilliant for the last few seasons - but I wonder if age is finally catching up with him. The penatly wasnt his fault but he got skinned by Murray for the 2nd goal. Against Bristol it was his poor header out that led to Lines firing it in - and I can think of other problems.

The question I suppose is who would replace him. Wood isnt good enough and Broomes is injured so i dont suppose we have a choice. I just wonder if its worth bringing someone on loan (i.e. Wootton). McChrystal aint been great in the last few games but i wonder if Les should try and bring someone in

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Am gonna say something contravershal now - and somethin i never thought I would....does anyone think Goodi should be dropped?

In a word, no.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
he wernt skinned for the goal murray got a little bit of space and curled in a cracking goal, i would keep him in the team.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
he wernt skinned for the goal murray got a little bit of space and curled in a cracking goal, i would keep him in the team.
Agree 100%. After all, Murray is League One's second leading goalscorer.

He is our most consistent performer and brings experience and calmness to what is becoming a team of boys (Kay, Cresswell, Taylor, Weir, Labadie, Lateef, Akins, McGurk). He will take some replacing.

Player
Goodison
If we drop Goodison we might as well just accept we're relegated now. His form is a bit dodgy at the moment because he's playing on the right side of the defence - he prefers the left. The same things we're being said when Barnes moved Goodison to the right to play Broomes/Gunning. The easy solution is to move Goodison to the left and put McCrystal on the right.

DIW

Player
Goodison

Pure brilliance. You should replace Les.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There shouldn't be any sacred cows in the team and I don't criticise Sparky for raising this. While I don't think Goodison has been at his peak recently, frankly we haven't got the options. A Taylor-McChrystal pairing would be a nightmare, two players whose distribution is weak, wlii only put us under more pressure.

Now does anyone think that Welsh should be dropped....

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Now does anyone think that Welsh should be dropped....

I certainly don't. Why would we drop one of our best players at a vital time in the year? He's one of our least complacent players, and our captain, and has been one of our best players this season IMO. Certainly our best midfielder, granted that doesn't say a lot.

If we're going to start dropping people based on current form then you may as well bin the entire 11 and "play the kids". Grass is always greener.

What we vitaly need is a fit Dale Jennings.

Player
Goodison
More than anything we need Les to stop encouraging the players to hoof it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I never serisouly thought Goodi should be dropped - He has been my player of the year each season since Kay left - it was interesting to see the response tho and as some have said, he isnt playing well but not many are and we dont really have the back up to make changes.

Onwards and upwards to Saturday !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I certainly don't. Why would we drop one of our best players at a vital time in the year? He's one of our least complacent players, and our captain, and has been one of our best players this season IMO. Certainly our best midfielder, granted that doesn't say a lot.

If we're going to start dropping people based on current form then you may as well bin the entire 11 and "play the kids". Grass is always greener.

What we vitaly need is a fit Dale Jennings.

You really think he's that good? He upped his game after getting the captaincy, but has been less than impressive lately. Nobody should be an automatic selection.

Think a bit about your second and third paragraphs. What is Jennings, if not a kid? Albeit a very good one. What's to say some of the other kids won't deliver if given a chance?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The suggestion that we have a bunch of players with Dale Jenno-type potential sat in the reserves is unrealistic - anybody that good would have proven their worth at that level and in training, and thus would be given a chance in the first team, as was the case with Dale himself. We have no reason to speculate that the management would hold back potentially good young players, being as Les has promoted Dale and Cressa to being first-team regulars this year, following on from the step-up made by Ash Taylor the year before.

Re: Captain Welshy. Let me put it another way; there are other players I'd sooner drop than JW, and that includes his partners in alleged crime, Labadie and Taylor. I think Max Blanchard is probably due a run out in the team, whether that be at right-back or in central midfield.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
More than anything we need Les to stop encouraging the players to hoof it.

Exactly. We look at our best when we actually try and pass it through the midfield. Yet we rarely do this as we're too busy hoofing it up aimlessly in the vague direction of Enoch Showunmi! Often missing him by hitting the wrong postcode though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The suggestion that we have a bunch of players with Dale Jenno-type potential sat in the reserves is unrealistic - anybody that good would have proven their worth at that level and in training, and thus would be given a chance in the first team, as was the case with Dale himself. We have no reason to speculate that the management would hold back potentially good young players, being as Les has promoted Dale and Cressa to being first-team regulars this year, following on from the step-up made by Ash Taylor the year before.
That's not what I've said. However Max Power certainly deserves an opportunity on his form for the reserves and given we are so desperate for strikers, maybe Cole Stockton too.