• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jimmy Harvey
Rovers go into saturdays game as League 1s surprise package currently sitting in 5th place on 10pts. We welcome Yeovil Town to fortress Prenton who are currently sitting in 18th place on 4 points. Rovers have yet to lose at home this season while Yeovil have managed to pick up just one point on the road thus far in a 1-1 draw with Walsall. There away record as follows:

Brentford 2-0 Yeovil FL1
Exeter 2-0 Yeovil CC
Walsall 1-1 Yeovil FL1

Yeovil achieved their first ever victory at Prenton Park last season with a 1-0 victory. Prenton Park has proved a difficult hunting ground for the Glovers over the years.

28/12/2005AwayCCL1L1-46327Jevons 3225/03/2006HomeCCL1D2-25409Harrold 5, 6919/08/2006AwayCCL1L1-26023Cohen 4417/02/2007HomeCCL1L0-2516801/09/2007HomeCCL1D1-14985Stewart 5726/01/2008AwayCCL1L1-25386Kirk 5122/11/2008HomeCCL1W1-03445Skiverton 2325/04/2009AwayCCL1D1-18306Obika 6708/08/2009HomeCCL1W2-04349Bowditch 23, Tomlin 7626/01/2010AwayCCL1L1-24584Mason 9011/09/2010HomeNPL1W3-13364Bowditch 7, Welsh 10, Huntington 2726/02/2011AwayNPL1W1-08016Johnson 77

With long term injuries to both Robinson and McChrystal picked up in the JPT win over PortVale midweek Les Parry will be forced into making changes. He also still has concerns over both Enoch Showumni and Adam McGurk. It is likely that Ladabie will deputise for Robinson while either Ash Taylor or David Raven will fill in for McChrystal.
Despite injuries the team seems to be playing with confidence and seem eager to maintain their current good form and league position. Yeovil meanwhile have made a stuttering start and seem to struggle scoring goals. I am going to confidently predict a home win 2-0.
What do people think the line up may be?

----------------Fon Williams---------------

Raven-----Taylor------Goodison---Buchanen

---------------Welsh----------------------

McGurk---Ladabie--Weir---------Devaney

-----------Showumni---------------------

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
2-0 to rovers, giving us confidence that we can both score and not concede with first teamers out

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With McGurk unlikely to be fit, Akins is likely to start again. Biggest question for Les to resolve will be whether to play Ash in central defence or move Raven into the centre and recall Kay at right-back. While my preference would be as BunnyBell's, mainly because I'm not convinced about Raven's reinvention as a central defender, wouldn't be too surprised to see Les deploy him there. With the injuries, there may be a slot for a Stockton or Vaulks on the bench.

Yeovil haven't started that well and their manager was bemoaning the fact he hadn't been able to bring players in, so they're not sounding too optimistic. I'd have been fairly confident of a win if we'd been at full strength, less so now. Hopefully the recent encouraging showings from Rovers will keep the gate above 5k.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
With a patched up side I would settle for any kind of victory now to keep the momentum going. Having spent a few weeks on the bench, it will be interesting to see how determined Labadie and co. are to stake a claim for regular first team places.

It's a pity we couldn't have gone into this game and the Huddersfield match with a confident, fully fit squad, but Saturday should still be a game we can win if we have pretensions of being involved in the promotion shake up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we certainly owe them one after they did the double over us last season im going for a 1 0 home win

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm with big mart on the 1-0 win especially as if Enoch/McGurk/Robbo are missing, that leaves Tiriyaki who I still have major doubts as to whether he can score at this level and Akins who is, well putting it politely, ineffective 99% of the time.

I'll take 1-0 with Goodi claiming his 1st of the campaign.

Its good that Les is still able to bring someone in on loan if necessary to cover the absence of Robbo:

“That little bit of creativity he gives us is important. We are going to have to look at that and see how it goes. If it looks like we’re lacking in something, we may have to go into the loan market

DIW

Player
Goodison
Big game this really as these were the sort of games we were regularly screwing up last year, and having made a good start now we need to maintain it. Plus pressure put on us by a few injuries to key players.

I think this game will tell us a lot about the season to come for Rovers. A depressing defeat may well suggest that the great start is a huge false dawn. A win on the other hand demonstrates resilience and a bit of strength in depth in the squad. I think we'll get the points. 1 - o, but without Yeovil ever really looking a threat. Here's hoping.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Very excited for this, given that I've only so far seen one game all season, including pre-season.

I was going to write basically the exact same thing as DIW so...all I will say is that I hope Ash starts.

Player
Liam Palmer
Beep, beep, beep, beep... the sound of the Yeovil team bus backing on to the Prenton Park pitch and parking in front of our goal!

I'd take any win against Yeovil given how utterly inept we were last season against the side around and below us.

If it's any consolation they have injury problems too. Not expecting much, so hopefully I will be disappointed (if you see what I mean).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, this will certainly be interesting. We know that we can perform against the better teams so it will interesting to see how we get on tomorrow. Few keys players down here so I think it will be harder than the table suggests and of course it is still early days so the table tells us very little about the quality of the opposition at this stage.

A win however it comes would be great and keep the surge going. Would like to see more ppl turning up but the quality off the opposition probably means it'll be around the 5-6k mark.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Few keys players down here so I think it will be harder than the table suggests and of course it is still early days so the table tells us very little about the quality of the opposition at this stage.

Aye

Yeovil are **** though tbf

Lovely club like

Status
Not open for further replies.