• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Games coming thick and fast now. The last time the Chairboys were at PP was spring a couple of years ago, with both sides needing a win to avoid the drop. They outplayed us in a 0-3 hammering, yet it was ultimately Rovers who stayed up.

People thought I was being pessimistic in predicting we'd only get a draw v Carlisle, whereas in reality it proved to be misguided optimism. I think we can get a rot-stopping result out of this one. It will be interesting to see to what extent Les alters the side. My guess would be Ash Taylor would get dropped, Raven going to central defence and maybe the loan signing replacing Joss, but expect Enoch to start.

Wycombe don't usually bring many, so expect a similar attendance to Tuesday night of around 4.3k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with the likely line up suggested above, and the match prediction. I think we will win this one.

It is unlikely our performance could be any worse than the last time we played Wycombe, which was one of the poorest I have ever seen from a Tranmere side.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don't see the sense in dropping Joss - in a time of having no attacking threat, he does bring goals.

Hopefully this loannee will come in and play. The question is what does he do with Enoch and Ash ? Chicken can come in for Enoch but does he persist with the big fella up top ?

As for Ash...lets hope he has learnt his lesson from Tuesday

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's hope they dont have anyone tricky and fast otherwise Ash won't be able to cope. Hopefully Les will see sense and put Raven in the centre. I'd like to see Tiryaki given more of a go..

If Enoch starts, which I'm sure he will, he needs to be given more support up front. No point chasing lost balls. If we attack, we need to do it in numbers.

Going to be another tricky one this as we are struggling without our creative players. I'm going for a draw.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Am going for a 0-1 defeat.

We simply cannot score goals and am sure Les will stick to the tried and tested 451 with whoever is unfortunate enough to play upfront having to try and bring the ball down out of orbit and hold it up until our midfield moves from its encampment on our own 18 yard box. The game will be a dire encounter not unlike Notts County at home last season with them taking the only real chance of note.

M

Mal

Maybe I was at a different game on Tuesday. There was far less orbital play , particularly in second half, apart from the obvious goal kicks. So I'm expecting more of the approach taken in the second half against Carlisle. Maybe that is stupid....

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
3-5-1- 1, which can revert to 5 at the back when under the cosh might be way fwd. With those available:
OFW

Raven Goodison Taylor

Kay Welsh Buchanon

Labadie Wier

McGurk (free)

Chicken

DIW

Player
Goodison
Am going for a 0-1 defeat.

We simply cannot score goals and am sure Les will stick to the tried and tested 451 with whoever is unfortunate enough to play upfront having to try and bring the ball down out of orbit and hold it up until our midfield moves from its encampment on our own 18 yard box. The game will be a dire encounter not unlike Notts County at home last season with them taking the only real chance of note.

Probably.

Home banker this, we managed to screw up most of these last season. However I rarely predict us to lose at home so I'm going with 1-0.

To someone...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
3-5-1- 1, which can revert to 5 at the back when under the cosh might be way fwd. With those available:
OFW

Raven Goodison Taylor

Kay Welsh Buchanon

Labadie Wier

McGurk (free)

Chicken

:-s

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
1-0 to Tranmere .Enoch has scored about time he started scoring.keep it up

Status