• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Saddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our opponents sacking their boss just before this game won't do us any favours, as ITM has recognised. Rovers could do with another win in this one, with three difficult games to follow.

I'd expect Les to opt for the same midfield and attack as Carlisle, but it gets interesting further back. Suspect Warner will start in goal, though would prefer to stick with Joe. Assuming Broomes is still banned, I'd like to see Ash with Goodi at the back and it looks like Hobson's choice at right-back with Kay, though if Marlon were available would play him there. Little to choose between Cresswell and Zoum.

Prediction. Either a narrow Rovers win or a draw before a crowd of just over 4k.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would assume that we will stick with the same formation and line-up as Monday, other than at keeper and right back.

If Kay plays it will be a real baptism of fire in what is a must-win game for us. A victory will put us six points clear of Bristol Rovers, who don't play on Saturday, with a superior goal difference. I just hope that the Saddlers continue to struggle post-Hutchings, as Bristol Rovers have since Trollope's sacking.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Walsall despite losing their manager must be low on confidence so we have to go at them straight from the off and if we can get an early goal, who knows, we might be able to relax for once and actually not spend the latter parts of the game panicking!

They have a couple of decent players, Reuben Reid, Alex Nicholls but really we should be beating them at home after a good win against Carlisle.

Warner will probably start but whilst I am not Collisters biggest fan, he did nothing wrong last Monday.

Was looking forward to this one anyway but with a few new faces and (hopefully) an easy 3 points it could be a good afternoon out !

Unless it snows of course.:cold:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unless it snows of course.:cold:
It's snowing now!! :-#

I'm hopeful the rain will wash most of it away come Saturday.
I'm expecting all the new signings to start to cover positions left vacant through injury and suspension, well apart from the GK position, but I think Les favours the more experienced if he has the choice.

We won't start well, we never do, and it will take us 20 minutes to a grip of the game. But I do hope the quality will win through and we'll beat Walsall 3-0 :)

Player
Goodison
A must win game, however I fear it could be like Wycombe at home last season! Their manager's sacking, as previously mentioned, probably wont help our cause. Despite that, I'm going for a 3-2 win to Rovers=D>

Predicted Line up:
Warner

Kay McChrystal Goodison Creswell

Lateef Welsh Labadie Jennings

ITM Showunmi

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Would say the same line up as above.
We do seem to be the whipping boys when teams are struggling, let's hope this isn't the case!

Player
Liam Palmer
Broomes should be available as it's only a one game ban received.

Losing three right-backs in one week is a bit unfortunate, so it'll be interesting to see who starts there.

We've simply got to win this - by whatever means necessary. Another Hartlepool or Wycombe would be morale-sapping.

If we're up for it we'll win but I expect Wallsall to be pretty determined after two big defeats; they'll want to show some pride and spirit. Also we're not great against teams who sit in and frustrate. It will be up to us to get a decent tempo going and get Jennings into the game.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I predict we will be rubbish but not bad enough to lose this one. Draw 1 all.

Status
Not open for further replies.